• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Explorer Seats

Wildfirefighter72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This may have been asked in the past, sorry if it has. I have a 1990 Ranger extended cab 4x4 with the 4.0 and want to change out the 60/40 for buckets and was wondering if the 91 through late 90's explorer buckets will bolt in with out too much work. I was wanting the explorer seats and console. Thanks for the help...

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
bolt your tracks to the bottom of those seats and it works like a gem I have 92 sploder seats in my 88

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ha, i just read the post about the explorer youre getting the seats from...yeah it should work out fine. heres what mine looks like, sorry its such a crappy pic. these are the 60/40 bench seats from a 91 explorer, just use your original seat tracks.

Texas Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9 liter V-6
Transmission
Automatic
'94 Explorer Seats in an '86 Ranger???

How about '94 (Oct 1993) Explorer bucket seats in an '86 (Gen I) Ranger? From what it sounds like reading this thread, those '94 Explorer buckets seats should bolt right up to the '86 Ranger bucket seat tracks without any modifications. Right? :huh:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
great thread guys,i've seen quite a few explorer seats i'de like to put in my truck:icon_cheers:so its pretty much the same seat as a ranger and will fit in a standard cab 91 also?i like the buckets in my fathers 94 explorer.

Texas Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9 liter V-6
Transmission
Automatic
like I said they will work fine.
You, sir, are a life saver! Thank you VERY much for the quick response and the affrimation. I found some pretty decent seats on a '94 Explorer just yesterday morning while giving the 'salvage' yard one last go-over. I had exhausted what was left on Rangers (nothing!) and Bronco IIs (almost nothing), but had resigned myself to settling for some pretty worn-out Bronco II seats. I looked at some of the Explorers and found some nice stuff, but just figured there was too much of a difference between frame types and years to even hope for compatability. I figured that I'd give this forum a shot at answering my question and possibly even getting a reply fast enough to get to the Explorer on Monday because it is currently sitting in the 'crush' line awaiting its inevidible fate ... death by multi-directional compression. :derisive:

Now, one more, less important, question. Will the floor consoles for the same '94 Explorer fit a standard cab '86 Ranger without modifications ... or would I have to alter my floor or console a bit to get them to bolt right up? As before, thanks much, beforehand, for any and all help youcan give me. :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals