• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'98 Transmission Speed Sensor

Gentar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know if there are any national auto shops that sell the speed sensor that is from the transmission on my 98 4x4 ranger? The ford dealer has it but I didn't know if I could get it cheaper some where else. I've gone to Advance and had no luck but the sensor is so vauge when it comes to info in these forums or manuals. I guess I could shell out $50 for one but if I could get it cheaper...

bfroman

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
May I ask what prompted you to want to replace the speed sensor? My son also has a 98 4x4 Ranger, he recently swapped out his transmission because the transmission was slipping BADLY. It runs smoothly now, with no issues EXCEPT that now when it gets around 50mph the OD off light intermittently blinks. Does this mean anything? Check engine light is NOT on and and hand held computer test passed! Any input is appreciated!

Gentar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

Gentar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
May I ask what prompted you to want to replace the speed sensor? My son also has a 98 4x4 Ranger, he recently swapped out his transmission because the transmission was slipping BADLY. It runs smoothly now, with no issues EXCEPT that now when it gets around 50mph the OD off light intermittently blinks. Does this mean anything? Check engine light is NOT on and and hand held computer test passed! Any input is appreciated!
My cruise control won't work and my ABS light is on. After doing some detective work c/c, abs, and speed sensors are all connected. After awhile the check engine light came on took it to advance auto to cheeck the code and they said it was a speed sensor. so....

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's not a speed sensor. You probably have a solenoid or something going out, something actually internal to the transmission. A bad speed sensor will do a CEL.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals