• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3-4 shift and TC Lockup

big91explorer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What all controls these functions? I tested the wires, and they are good going into the solenoids on the transmission, I know they are a constant positive source, and that the computer grounds them when it wants to engage the 3-4 shift solenoid, or the TC lockup solenoid, After checking all of the wires were good. I tapped into the negative wires going into the ECM, and when I flip the switch it will shift. :yahoo:

Well...knowing that it will function, I thought bad ECM 'cause it was running rough also. Well I get a new (to me) ECM and it runs great, and no more check engine light, but it still wont shift into OD or lockup the TC unless I manually do it with my switches that I installed!

So...What all controls the shifting? Pretty sure it's just the ECM right? What about the multi function switch, or whatever it's called?

brando commando

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey bro, new to this site but so far its kicking ass< not being a dick either for not having an answer but what u did with the grounding of the wires i think i have the same problem and was wondering if u could post a pic or something showing how u set them up> i have a 1994 ranger 3.0 though so hopefully will work?!!:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals