• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

kc or hella

ssj123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys im going to be picking up some lights for the ranger tomorrow and i want some opinions. im looking at either the kc hilights slimlights or the hella 500 series driving lights. im mounting them on the bumper so i need a skinnier light. i really like the look the of the kcs with the black stone guard over the solid plastic cover of the hella but for a price difference of 199 for the kcs or 70 for the hellas i was wondering if the kcs are worth putting out the extra cash.

Capt Jay

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93 body.
Make / Model
Ford(ish)
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Buy some crappy $10 driving lights from some after market store. They will get chipped and they will brake. Might as well brake crappy one's and not ones with nice covers. They don't actually help you out when driving so save the money, unless your trying to impress.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i'd go with the Hella. quality is as good as KC... imho. then you can look around and see what covers may fit on them. maybe those $10 cheapies come with full covers and can be made to work on the Hella's. just a thought.

ssj123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
well i bought the hellas. i couldnt see putting out 200 bucks for a set of lights. ill post some pics once i mount them and get them wired.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i don't think you'll be disappointed at all. back in the day, when i was doing my thing for God and Country in europe, the brands that ruled were Hella, Cibie, and Marchal. that was before KC's were even thought of. they were all very reliable and gave plenty of light. :icon_thumby:

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Buy the cheapest ones you can find because they will get broken eventually...

ssj123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
im mounting them up tomorrow. im not too worried about them breaking cause im not wheeling this truck too hard since its my DD. i had a set of lights on my jeep and i wheeled that hardcore every weekend and they never broke. maybe im just lucky haha. they were actually hellas i had on that also i was just curious if the kcs were actually worth the extra cash.

snoman6115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
just go to ur local harbor freight and u can get sum cheap ones for $15 a piece, and they like 7"

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals