• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

kickdown cable

just truckn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6inch suspension 3inch body
Tire Size
33 12.50 15
hey guys i am having a problem with my kickdown cable i put a new on on and adjusted it the way they say too but it still is not working right this is how i did it put the new cable on and i pressed on the d shaped thing pulled the cable out and then i went and stepped on the gas peddle untill i heard it click a couple of times basicly it just went until it stopped but it is not downshifting right dose anyone know if i did this right or what i am just losing it with this problem any help would be appt.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I don't "think" they are self adjusting. I thought you had to manual adjust them down at the tranny/ the end of the linkage. I honestly never adjusted mine, I only stick zipties on the cable at the pedal to make it kick down sooner.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals