• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Chip for a 2.5L

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know how to get more power out of a 2.5L, possibly a chip or exhaust or something I can do so I don't have to swap out the engine???
Please help!!!!!

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Please if anyone knows anything that would give me a little more boost weather it be nos or whatever?? Please help!!!

Shamus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Your greatest limitation is the size of your engine, but you know that. Check out a K&N cold air induction system, p/n 57-2540; it adds 6.5 hp. A free flowing exhaust is probably your best bang for the buck. Headers really won't give you much except at max rpm. Find a small Magnaflow, use 2.25 MAXIMUM piping (have a shop do it). Together, these will give you all you are likely to get out of this engine. Luck!

Last edited:

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would say Shamus has covered the first bases, and I'm not really sure what you're gains would be but a cam swap larger fuel injectors adjustable fuel pump and an chip/ computer reprogram would up it a little, by how much and if that would be worth the cost I'm not sure. I know back in the day Chevy 4s were modded and they claimed good results. I see no reason why a Ford couldn't be modded as well but bare in mind that was for a specific class of racer. I'm not at all sure that in the long run a V-6 swap wouldn't be more cost efficient and be more durable.
Look in to it there is a cool factor in having something different. Get with the tec support at Summit racing.

remington115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
this has been gone over many times, the best bang or your buck is a turbo or a v8 swap. you cant polish a turd unless you have a lot of money. search turbo

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the help everyone!!! I will think about what i should do!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals