View Full Version : south dakota

07-23-2009, 11:47 AM
any body in here from the edgemont hot spring area? hows the wheelin on the prairie? i saw some fun lookin stuff when i was antelope huntin right outside of edgemont. also hows the wheelin in the black hills? i put in the drawing for antelope again this year, i hope i get drawn again, i really like it out there.

07-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I grew up in Hot Springs, nice area. Not really anything as far as wheelin goes out on the flatland, but lots of nice spots out around Edgemont and further north into the rest of the hills.

07-24-2009, 01:09 AM
thanks for the info. when you lived there was darryls open next to the black hills meat co? they have really good food. i love hot springs. thats where we stayed when we hunted out there last year. unfortunately i might have to opt out of the drawing for pronghorn cuz i just got layed off again and dont think i can afford it now. so i dont think ill make it out there this year. but i would have to say that south dakota is my favorite state in the country. i like wyoming too but the people there dont seem as friendly as people in sd.

08-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Hey, what's up guys, i'm in rapid, but i am in edgemont m-f doing my deliveries.

Anybody on 605racing.com?

08-02-2009, 12:05 AM
My bad, I missed a response to this one. Yes, that restaurant next to the meat processor is pretty good. It's called Dale's now...been through a few owners I think. The meat processor burned down a few years ago but they rebuilt it.

I need to get out hunting sometime, haven't done any in a long time.

big91, nope, but I am on bh4wheelers and Black Hills Boggers. Not really into the racing scene as much as 4x4/offroad stuff.

08-02-2009, 01:02 AM
my mess up, sorry it is dales, just another brain fart. i also love how the muleys come to town at night in hot springs. i even saw a couple of them using the crosswalk. im not kidding. life out there is way different than over here on the eastcoast. i really hate the rush around lifestyle where i live. when you turn off onto another street people behind you dont hit the brakes, they dont even let off the gas, they just roll by almost rearending you.

08-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I was born in Hot Springs, my Dad in Edgemont. When I got my BII, I really wanted to try out some of the trails in the Hills but company moved, 50-55 hrs a week, new house, big lawn, no time. Really some nice country out there. Still have the orginal homestead (from 1908) just West of Edgemont. Just got to get back out there!

08-14-2009, 12:31 AM
sounds nice. i wish i could live in that area, i know alot of people say "not another easterner", but i asure you i would fit in, im like a fish out of water here.

09-01-2010, 11:07 PM
i live in rapid city

09-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I live over near the eastern border in Madison.

10-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I was born in Wadena, Minn. My pipple pioneered Fertile Minn in da 1850"s back in 1961 we came out to west coast...howdy

02-25-2011, 02:10 AM
sioux falls! its hella boring here i wanna get out of this lame city, i need open road and speed. plus a little mud wont hurt either