• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need help

just truckn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6inch suspension 3inch body
Tire Size
33 12.50 15
hey guys ok so i got the motor in and bolted up got the tc bolted to the flywheel when i was turning the motor over by hand i am haveing a hard time turning it over and now the something is grinding has ahyone had this problem before i dont whant to have to pull the trans out because i have 4 wheel drive any help would be app.

jeffro184

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
did you have the converter fully seated in the trans? maybe not and now it is bound up in there. did you have to pull the bellhousing up with the bolts or did it go right up?

just truckn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6inch suspension 3inch body
Tire Size
33 12.50 15
when i first started i put the motor in almost had it lined up but when i was turning the tc is was making a grinding noise but was moving freely so i pulled the motor out again to see what the problem was the tc was in but still making the grinding noise whan you turn it so i pulled it off and reset it and it was a pita to get back in and it still made the noise so i thought it was normalso i put the motor back in and it took awhile but it went in it was no ploblembolted right up and the tc lined up with the flywheel so when i went to turn the motor over by hand to get the nuts on its hard to turn over and i can still hear the grinding .sorry for the long post but this damm thing is nothing but a big pita and i really do not whant to pull the trans i have 4wheel drive and laying on my is no fun.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals