• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

heres some clutch bleeding tips

99RangerBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey if you just installed a new slave cylinder or what have you might i suggest buying a hand vacuum tool that also does hydraulic brake lines i used one the other weekend when i put in a new slave cylinder and what a difference it worked amazing all we did is crack the bleeder screw and pump the shit out of the clutch and the vacuum tools and in five minutes all complete although it did take two of us it went great, also really weird when i disconnected the slave from the lines i pushed in the white collar and pop came loose no problems at all the job went super well for a newb and not even the exhaust gave use problems even after 6 years worth of winters under her belt!

hope this helps guys that little $20.00 CND tool works great! it comes with a no B.S. guarantee

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
yep, hand vaccums are pricelss, although my stubborn ass truck took 4 hours of pumping and bleeding before i said F it and hooked a hose up to my intake and let the engine do the sucking! after 5 minutes of that my clutch was nice and firm and then i changed the oil in the sucking truck (**brake fluid is probably not good for your engine or its oil, but it works!).

99RangerBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hahaha well what ever works really all you need for that bleeding is just like a glasses container with two hoses in it one to suck and the other to collect the fluid, my buddy who was helping me also did a kool trick because we couldn't find a funnel to fill the tranny back up so when we had the truck on the hoise we took the 4 liter bottle of ATF put a blow gun in in the opening and a hose going to the tranny to fill and stuffed a rag into the opening of the bottle NOW that works like a charm also no bullshit guarantee if you got a buddy around to help!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals