• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 master cylinder

privateeraz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
1998 ranger 2.5l

i think i have a bad master clutch cylinder, i havebled it and bled it and now, there is no clutch pressure at all, the pedal can just flop back and forth in your hand. the ford dealer told me a list of years that will fit for it, and it is a 98,, no one has one in town but they have them for a 95, which i think is the same.....

i can barely see half of it sticking out beside the brake booster, can any one explain how to get this master cylinder out???
i can hardly even see it, please explain how to do this
thank you.

i just replaced the pressure plate and clutch plate....and it worked fine for a long time, then it got to where you had to push the pedal half way before any resistance, and on the way to the stor the other night, i cae out and there was a pedal under, which ay have been there before i got there, then i came home and had a hard time getting there with pumpnig the clutch the whole way, i got home to res empty, filled it replaced it and nw no pressure at all, wont even build pressure pumping, i dont know what happened to the fluid, but i felt in the inspection plug for the tranny and it is dry inside..dont see any fluid leaks, but the master has to be bad becasue it dont even move fluid...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals