• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Changed Plugs Wires & Rotor - Woops wont start now?

bpm990d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Surprise surprise, I've actually replaced the plugs, wires, rotor and cap about five years ago and it worked fine, but I think goofed something up this time.

I got new Autolite plugs and I gapped them to .045. Put anti seize on them and put them into the block with silicone grease on the end of the plug and installed the new rotor, cap and wires. I didn't pay too much attention to what wire went where when I pulled them off because I had this wiring diagram from Auto Zone. I know now that was a dumb move.

Anyways it turns over, it just won't catch. I'm just looking for suggestions. Is it possible that the diagram is not right for the cylinders in my truck? I'm thinking that is the case. Anyways here are the particulars. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

94 Ranger. 6 cylinder 3.0 L. Autolite Platinum Plugs & 8mm wires.

BTW, the plugs I pulled out were about .059 gap. Not sure if that means anything.

joemohio

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The Order is correct however the placement of the numbers on the cap are wrong. Looking at the cap from top. mounting screws on left and right of you. #1 is at 12 O clock 5 is at 6 O clock and so on with the firing order.. On mine #1 is pointing directly at the firewall, straight back. Most caps have #1 marked. The gap will not prevent it from starting, Move your wires.

Forum designers......There is every smiley face imaginable to put on here, I need a pencil to draw a diagram for this guy. Even a moving dot that draws lines will do.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals