• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lift/wheel-tire report - Cranked Torsions... Fits 33s

GaffSD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello all. First post!

Just wanted to give out some info for those wondering what tires they can fit with torsions cranked.

Here's the story. I had 33X10.5 BFG MT/KOs on AR767 15X8" wheels, 4" backspacing on a Jeep that got totaled. I replaced the totaled jeep with an '08 FX4 4 door with the 4.0 and an auto, 4.10s and the Torsen Limited Slip.

I wanted to go wheeling this Sunday, so just for grins I cranked the torsions until the truck was almost level, and put the 33s on. They looked like they would clear, so I took it to a drainage ditch near my house and articulated the suspension. No rubbing!

When I got the truck out to the desert (Anza-Borrego State Park) and got some tires in the air, it rubbed a little... Got a "thump, thump, thump" from the tire luggs when it did. The rear rubbed the most, the front only once at speed when I hit the unexpected bump.

I'm going to do the 1" Body lift, and see how that runs. Might even make some 1.5" aluminum pucks if the 1" lift rubs a little. Coming from the Jeep world (an '01 SE and an '05 Rubicon) I was really surprised where I went with the FX4. My wife also wheeled the hell out of her 04 Powerstroke Excursion... Only a level lift and 33s on that too! I might be a blue oval guy now...

Thanks for the great forum.

Ron

Forcus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Come on! I want to see action shots! :)

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
welcome to the forum. this is a really good first thread. props for writing about real experiance. it is very helpful if people know how to use the search function.:D

GaffSD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Here Are some trip shots... Trailhead is about an hour from home. I guess I'm Lucky!

Here's the FX4 at full stuff...

It was a great first day out... My wife did great in the Excursion, and I was shocked at how well it pulled in the sand.

I'll take some pix of the 1" BL when I get it done.

Cheers,

Ron

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals