• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

To bend or to limit

D.T.Starr

July 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
On my SAS, the tracbar as pictured below will hit the D60 centre housing after 5" of up travel. If it was you; would limit the uptravel to the 5" or bend the tracbar to allow more. The max up travel I can get before anything else hits is 10", but I do not know if my 220lbs/in 23" long coils will allow that. At this time I do not want to move either tracbar mount.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
May I first say...Holy hell, nice custom frame/crossmembers/engine mounts...you get the point. Bumpstops are easy to make, so I'd say limit it for now, until you run it and see if you really need the extra few inches of up travel, if you find you have stability issues caused by that, then it's time for a redesign, or bend whichever works best.

-andrew

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I agree. Try a bumpstop for now and see how it works. That looks like a big trac bar. I'd like to see more pics of the truck. Nice to see someone builing up a good suspension and actually upgrading to strong axles.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how many loops are your coils? wire diameter? you can calculate the length of the coil at full compression, measure from your buckets and see where you are in relation to that. if you do run bumps, how will it affect your articulation? would those bumps have to be longer than the bumps you'll need to restrict flex? if so then I'd bend the trac. if not then you don't really have a problem in the first place.

D.T.Starr

July 2009 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Currently my plan is to limit the uptravel and see how it works, but i wanted some outside input.

Bray D
I do not know those answers offhand but I will measure tonight.

Jim Oaks
The tracbar admittedly may be a bit overkill at 2”x 0.25” wall, but I like it. I started a build thread here.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4693

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals