• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a4ld no park

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i did a search and didnt find anything to helpful on the subject. its a 91 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0. i talked to many people and they all agree'd that it sounded like a park pin. well today i bought a new park pin and tore into my truck like i was going to have park when i was finished and ....nope! i disconnected the selector and manually shifted it underneth the truck and could watch the park pin slide into the gear and off the gear. i put the transfer case back in ,hooked the driveshaft up, moved my block and gave a little push and there shed go. i can feel it popping in and out of the park gear when i push it. i know its not linkage because i manually put into park. any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! :pissedoff:

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
So the trans and transfer case works normally otherwise ? Have a look at the rod inside the trans that actually pushes against the park pawl. ( sorry can't think of the proper name ) , is rare but I've seen the spring break . That would not push the pawl into the park wheel.

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah,everything else works like it should. i looked at that rod and the spring and the part on it that pushed the pin looked good. is that shaft totally straight or is it slightly bent to fit into the housing? the truck had the tranny replaced from one out of a bronco II is what the guy i bought it from told me. thanks for your input.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Post some pic's. Worth a thousand words !:icon_thumby:

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i didnt take any pics especially because i didnt see and issues that jumped out to me. ive looked into it a little more and i think maybe the spring thats on the shaft may not be as strong as it is supposed to be. ill be replacing that when i get a little more time to mess with it. ill deff take some pics then.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
You may not see anything but I might.

Also, take off the shift linkage at the trans and put in park at the trans. Just to make sure it's not linkage related.

venom97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03-4/5 91-8.5''
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
You may not see anything but I might.

Also, take off the shift linkage at the trans and put in park at the trans. Just to make sure it's not linkage related.
first thing i did,im pretty sure its in the lever that goes back in to the park pin.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals