• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Putting it back up to stock

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
I've been loving the look of my truck being lowered for the past year and a half, but it's gotten to the point that I find it annoying to always be rubbing suspension parts and fender wells on the rough roads that I frequent in my area (rural Missouri isn't an asphalt wonderland) Plus, I've had some close calls with the speed of my truck (TURBO!) and nearly ripping off those low points on my suspension. Even since I put a transmission crossmember from an '84 four speed (inside the fram rail) I've just still iffy about when and where I'll ruin something when I don't need to.

So, my truck is sitting on jackstands right now and I'll be finishing up installing the stock beams as soon as I get off work in the morning.

I may be going for a more 'pre-runner' style in the next phase of mods. Since I'm not afraid to not wash my truck to make it look bling, I may as well go with a more 'small but tough' truck look anyways. I already have a set of 15x8" wheels with a short backspacing so they sit out further. I checked that they don't rub, and I have a set of BFG Radial T/As in the mail in 235/60/15 that'll be here monday. Once that's done, I'm ordering a complete set of poly bushings for my sway bars because I noticed yesterday that half of them are cracked really bad.

Speaking of poly... I have a set of poly cab mount bushings that I've never installed, but then again I don't really have the time to take the old ones out yet. Does anybody know of a failsafe way to get the two piece washer apart without ruining it, so I can reuse it? (I got an extra frame that I've already torched off the metal mounts, so I can install the poly bushings on them and then swap all of them over in a day.)

Holy shit! My first four digit post. Yay 1,000!

Last edited:

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I need a new tranny crossmember on mine too. I know how you feel but thats the life we chose to live. hahaha Good luck with the new adventure.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
I'm loving it right now!

It sits level, and handles better than before for some reason. I'll put up a pic or two once I get my new wheels and tires on this week.

Plus I got the 4x4 valance installed. It looks badass just with that. Now I just need to find some covers to install in the holes to keep it from looking toothless.

Slim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 + 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 and 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Glad to see you're being responsible about your vehicle's stance. (seriously!)

I'd like to see how it looks now. Any pics yet? There's only a couple still up from your show off thread.

Jealous of the 4x4 valence. :thefinger: Stock, lifted or lowered I always like that piece. (currently searching if the locals are reading)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals