• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DJM lower control arm with stock spring? (2000)

joefj1200

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
DJM lower control arms with stock springs? (2000)

Hi All,
I want to drop my 2000 B2500 a few inches, but retain the best possible ride quality. Also, I have a brand new set of stock-length bilstein shocks mounted, so I don't want to go so low that I have to buy new shocks. I just want a mild drop to lower the center of gravity, reduce frontal area and improve handling.

I'm thinking on flipping the rear hanger in the back. My understanding is this will give be a 2"-3" drop, and my intuition is that I should be able to keep my Bilsteins, and retain pretty much stock ride quality.

For the front, I'm wondering if I can use DJM lower control arms with the stock springs and shocks for a 2" drop. This would be more expensive that 2" drop springs, but I'm guessing the stock front spring will give the best possible ride quality. Anyone try this? I'm hoping that this will work, and that I also won't need the upper arm, maybe just adjustable camber bolts. Thoughts? opinions? I expect to put a lot of miles on this truck, so I don't mind paying a few extra $ to get the best of both worlds.

Thanks in advance!
Joe

Last edited:

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
you will also need the djm upper arms because the lowers raise the balljoint 2 inches and they are needed to correct the camber. have you thought about going with the DJM 4/5 kit?

joefj1200

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the response...:icon_cheers:
I'm still deciding on how to proceed...
Yes, I've considered the DJM 4/5 kit. I was hoping not to give up the ride quality of the stock springs with Bilsteins. Also I don't really want it radically lower since it will be used as a truck on occasion.
I may try installing one of the DJM lower arms and measure how far off the camber is. I can always then later buy whatever else will be needed to make it right...:icon_confused:

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
just go 4/5! trust me, and the ride quality isn't that bad

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
yea most people have no regrets with the 4/5 and it actually looks like its lowered lol. It rides and handles great I haul stuff all the time in my truck thats got air ride on it

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals