• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

PCV Valve Help

bdagle

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the PCV valve in their Duratec? The Ford ahop manual suggests removing the drivers side fender well to get at it (They have to be kidding!). I can feel it under the intake manifold, behind a water by pass hose, on the top of the oil separator on the side of the engine. There is a retaining ring that you have to snap off to get it out. Has anyone done this successfully, with out taking half the truck apart? Thanks!

nederanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
I jacked up the truck and removed the driver's side front wheel, but not the fender or wheel shroud. This made it possible to see the PCV valve. The front end of the valve is attached to the oil separator by a cap, and the back end of the valve is attached to a hose with a pinch clamp. I could reach one hand to the valve by getting into the wheel well, but unfortunately the pinch clamp prongs are pointed toward the engine so I could not get a pliers on it. It helps to have a light shining on the area, but I also am stuck on the removal sequence/details.

Last edited:

nederanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 L
Transmission
Manual
Doing a search at the rangerstation turns up other threads about this. I'm copying from one of them:

"The pcv valve is on the side of the engine with the intake manifold. You have to look real hard behind the intake manifold, the pcv valve sits in crankcase vent oil separator box on the side of the engine block. Here are intructions from Alldata, not to clear but hope it helps.

POSITIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION (PCV) VALVE

Removal and Installation

Remove the left front inner fenderwell splash shield.

Disconnect the coolant bypass hose from the routing clip.

Gently pry the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve cap off the two tabs.

Remove the PCV valve from the crankcase vent oil separator and disconnect the vacuum hose.
To install, reverse the removal procedure."

The PCV valve cap is at the front of the PCV valve and I'll have to look at it again to see about the tabs and what tool to use to pry the valve off the tabs.

It's probably easy after you've done it once.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals