• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Console latch broken?

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Is your console latch broken? "Ranger 93" sent me pictures showing how he was able to fix the problem using a sharpie top.

ranger 93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Manual
The marker cap has to have the clip part cut a little to make it work right as shown in pic. I also drilled a small hole in the side of the lid into the cap to keep it in place with a small screw. The best part is if you mess up just get another cap, lol. Its been 5 years and still working. Total cost about 3 dollars
Thanks for posting the pics, Hope this helps someone out in the future.
Mike

Reba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Mine too

My latch is also broken.

How do I fix it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
oh man i just got realy excited by this thread! lol mines broken do and i have been using velcro as a quick fix for now.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
The marker cap has to have the clip part cut a little to make it work right as shown in pic. I also drilled a small hole in the side of the lid into the cap to keep it in place with a small screw. The best part is if you mess up just get another cap, lol. Its been 5 years and still working. Total cost about 3 dollars
Thanks for posting the pics, Hope this helps someone out in the future.
Mike
That was good thinkin... Those things are so cheesy, mine in about to snap, I am just babying it. If you lean on thec onsole top with your elbow with all your weight on it it will crack the plastic. I want to redo mine completely metal, it would be nice to write checks on and stuff, and I write a lot of checks paying for ranger parts! :icon_pepsi:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals