• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

More T-6 Pics!!!

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
More from down under:

Attachments

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
The report did say it was cladded in Asia Mazda sheet metal to mask the truck shape & look but 90% of the real truck is hiding under it.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
90% of the truck Is mazda, the other 10%= replace the front end and rebadge it as Ford Ranger
the mazda BT-50 is a good truck, has good styling, the interior is one of the best designs they have, only down side is the bumpy rough ride, the 2.5 turbo engine it offers here, is quite reliable and has good power, it would be interesting see how it goes with the American v6 engines :D
the top end model has 16" rims, electronic locking hubs and manual transfer case for the 4x4, power everything, and 4W ABS the back seat isnt as comfty as u would expect

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
other little things that have to be Americanized: the reg cab comes with long bed only, no short bed option, i hope they can offer the freestyle cab( ext cab with 4 doors), the e-brake position under the dash to a pedal like the normal Ranger, the 2DW model height..its lower than the current American Ranger and the 6 nut rims to 5 nut like the American

el_conquistador

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Hmm...hope they DRASTICALLY change that front end...

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
the current latin america ranger, (thai ranger looks exactly like this

better than the test truck
but the previous ws better looking

Caulk04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those are all ugly...especially with that Godawful 'rollbar'

souldoubt88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
http://wot.motortrend.com/6550343/future/spied-2012-ford-ranger-testing-in-europe/index.html
We can see that the windshield has been raked at a steeper angle on this test mule - a move that should help to improve the truck's aerodynamics in the name of fuel efficiency. The wheelbase appears longer and the track wider than the current Ranger, with a heavy-duty rear differential and four-wheel drive appearing to be fitted to this prototype.
I can't wait to start getting some real info on the T6.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
The front end is totally fake. Look at the fenders. The only thing I believe is the Ranger is the cab and I for one will welcome it as long as I can get an extended cab. Have no use for a full 4 doors.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

From Autoblog.com...

As we've previously reported, Ford engineers in Australia are hard at work on the next-generation Ranger pickup, reportedly codenamed T6. While the Ranger name is used on various Ford pickups sold around the world that are different from our long-in-the-tooth U.S. model, word has it that Ford may be leveraging this new global pickup platform to replace the latter truck here in the States when it goes away after the 2011 model year. These new spy shots lend some serious credence to those rumors, as this Ranger mule wasn't snapped in Australia... it was caught in Dearborn, MI near the headquarters of Ford Motor Company.

Never mind the Mazda-looking front end, which likely just hides the bones of this next-gen global Ranger. And while details are scare, talk of a 1.6-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine with 175 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque refuses to go away. Check out the rest of the high-res spy shots in our gallery below and let us know if a new, more economical Ranger is just what the doctor for Ford in the States.

Attachments

BlackSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6L
Transmission
Automatic
I don't mind the styling too much. I can even live with some of the Mazda nose, but please give us some real bumpers! However, I would think that some U.S. spec would dictate that we will have something.

I want more than the 175 hp too. That little will only likely make it feel abut as lethargic as my F150 does now. That's the reason I've dumped money into mods on my last two trucks... Not that my last Ranger needed it, stock it would have run circles around a F150 with a 4.6L, but only have 175 would be a step backwards for a Ranger. I think they should at least give us an option of something near 250 hp to be competitive with Nissan and Toyota.

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
I don't mind the styling too much. I can even live with some of the Mazda nose, but please give us some real bumpers! However, I would think that some U.S. spec would dictate that we will have something.

I want more than the 175 hp too. That little will only likely make it feel abut as lethargic as my F150 does now. That's the reason I've dumped money into mods on my last two trucks... Not that my last Ranger needed it, stock it would have run circles around a F150 with a 4.6L, but only have 175 would be a step backwards for a Ranger. I think they should at least give us an option of something near 250 hp to be competitive with Nissan and Toyota.
I would think that the 1.6L would be the base and they would have a bigger engine with atleast 250 lb. ft. of torque.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals