• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coilovers On just the rear??

nate12346

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im planning on picking up a set of either F-O-A Coilovers or Rancho RS9000XL Pro Coilovers. I still have the TTB front end and plan on leaving it alone for a while because I have had no problems with it.

I want to make a 4 Link setup for the rear

Should I design the 4 Link with the leaf springs still in so I dont mess up allignment and then just pull the springs off when it is done?

Tell me your thoughts on Coilovers for just the rear end!
Thanks a bunch :icon_cheers:

dirtraider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Should I design the 4 Link with the leaf springs still in so I dont mess up allignment and then just pull the springs off when it is done?
i say based on this statement you shouldn't do anything to your truck.

nate12346

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have completly Rebuilt my engine and restored everything but the body (I beat the crap out of it). Put a custom 4 inch lift in, designed and built a 3000 watt soundsystem with 7.2 surround sound. I never pay some crappy highschool drop-out to even change my oil.

I know the leafs will get in the way and are probably a mounting point for the links. I said it in a way as to keep all the alignment and wheelbase the same untill I am finished designing the links on CAD and all I have to do is build the tabs and and put it together. (note the word DESIGN not build in that statement)

krazybronco

Reaction score
personally i wouldnt do it with the leaf spings in becuase like you said be in the way but it would be easier to find out where you want to put the lower links

also you will have to take the axle out to put a truss over the pumkin for you upperlinks

THE WHITE RHINO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
put the coilovers on the front with an SAS its rediculous to do a link rear with ttb front if you wheel hard enough trails to need the kind of flex a link rear would provide then you should know that the front needs to be strong and flexy. ditch the whole idea and inboard some 63" chevys

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
With the right tuning a TTB can go just as many places as your SAS

nate12346

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
put the coilovers on the front with an SAS its rediculous to do a link rear with ttb front if you wheel hard enough trails to need the kind of flex a link rear would provide then you should know that the front needs to be strong and flexy. ditch the whole idea and inboard some 63" chevys
I do what I want lol! Why?? Because I can :headbang:

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My Skyjacker springs are too stiff to flex well, so I am considering some coilovers up front. But I still want to link the rear with some ZJ rear coils...

Also, tuning the TTB includes some grinding for clearance wher ehte shft goes into the right side beam, and other stuff I need to get done when I have the front suspension apart.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals