• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Weird Vibration

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I have a odd vibration coming from the front of my truck. It stops when I press the brakes and it seems to get worst when I turn left. Its not that big of a vibration so it doesnt effect my driving. I was wondering if this was a cheap or very expensive fix? I have a b2300 1996.

Would 97 leather mustang seats fit in my truck?

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
kinda sounds like front wheel bearings.

BLUE "B"

Well... Ya fix it yet? Is it a 2 or 4wd? :icon_confused: If it is the bearings , try tightening the hub or spidle nut. Check a maual for this procedure, you dont want to be screwing with this stuff. If this doesn't fix the problem pull the bearings out and inspect them for burn marks.

A quick easy way to check if your bearings are good is take the truck for a 10 -15 minuite drive using the brakes as little as possible to keep the heat down. When you stop put your hand on the hub, if it's hot or fairly warm, inspect your bearings.

Last edited:

AaronC47

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Vibration ?

If there is a chance its a wheel bearing issue, why drive it,, just jack up each wheel one at a time and grab the top and the bottom of the tire and try move it back and forth checking for wobble, (push top hand away from you and pull bottom hand toward you at the same time) and if you feel any movement you need to adjust'em a bit

OR it could be a combination of tires that are cupping and a worn tie rod, just take it to a shop that will give you a free check and estimate, and go from there, make sure its an honest shop

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals