• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

MBP is dead/dieing

Ranger97XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm pretty sure I am experiencing hard drive failure in my macbook pro. Its been getting slower and slower while the cpu/ram aren't working any harder. and now its stuck on the boot up screen. anyone have any ideas?

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
smart ass response. why the heck did you waste your money on a mac?

hard drive failures are a thing that generally happens quickly. rarely does it happen slowly.

Before we get into detail first thing you should find out is. Are all the fans working correctly? this is important. if you have a fan down stuff very quickly stops working on notebooks.

Next up is make sure the memory is seated correctly.

Its possible that you were running out of hard drive space. once you run out the computer generally acts weird starts to slow down dramatically or just stops.

But in this day and age you usually get a warning that your hard drive space is getting low well before you actually run out of space.

So if you were not getting a msg its entirely possible you picked up a virus /Trojan or some spyware or your computer is already a zombie.

Since the computer you say has already ceased to function your first attempt to fix it would be a hard drive wipe and a re installation of the original OS.

If that doesn't fix the problem and you have eliminated fans memory connections and software failure then I would personally haul the memory and hard drive out of the machine and find another machine they would run in and test them independently on the other machine. If both test fine and your machine is still not functioning. well ill save it for another post =>

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals