• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WELL....got the tranny in, drove it 2 miles, now it sits in a restaurant parking lot!

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I finished everything up today and test drove the Mercury Mistake when all of a sudden the whole car shuts off!

I coasted into a parking lot and opened the hood to discover the positive battery cable was resting on the EGR tube and caught fire!!!! I walked back home to gather some tools and went out to the parking lot only to have the hardest time of my life trying to pull the damn starter!!!

So.......there she sits until tomorrow because if I try to do anything else on that car right now I'll probably burn it myself! This car is the most GODAWFUL car Ford has ever made man!!! The manual says to pull the starter from the bottom but there's no way in hell it's coming out from under. Any advice guys, I'm ready to let it sit there forever! Thanks.

Allen

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
just drop it off at my house, i need something good on gas

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This is by far one of the most time consuming pieces of junk I've ever worked on dude!

I mean I'll probably have it done tomorrow but it's really gotten on my nerves like nobody's business! I'm just trying to look at it this way "after I do the cable it's finished".

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I plan on getting up early tomorrow and just getting it over with.

Allen

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
im in the same situation. did a clutch and fawked up my fuel filter and exhaust in the process, fixed those problems to realize that my clutch isnt done right, not sure what happened. now im trying to do my clutch and have the truck done to go to work on monday. meanwhile my other truck sits under the tree getting bird shit all over it because im too strapped for cash to even try to figure out whats wrong with it.

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Dang! I know the feeling of "STRAPPED"! Finally got the Mistake done today but now the O/D light is flashing on and off with a CEL.

I don't really care right now though as long as I can get about $600.00 for the car I'll be fine. I need to get my Ranger back from the impound yard on Thursday and I'm counting on the money.

Car's was just smogged and it's in DMV system. Tags just expired last month. It'll be like $20.00 bucks to register so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell it you know? Good luck.

Allen

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals