• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1986 Ranger 2.3 EFI 5 Speed

86RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I was wanting to ask if anyone can help with this problem..
When I first crank up my truck, it runs sluggish for a few seconds, then idles to normal... as I take off it's kinda hesitaint. after going thur the gears a few times it straighten up.. any advice on what to check????

ranger906

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey wanted to give you a shout out...New to the forum, If it was cold out when you were having this problem then it sounds like the coolant temperature sensor. Mine wouldn't start all winter without giving it a little fuel and had to prop the pedal to let warm up, once it was warm it wouldn't do it. Now that it's warm out it hasn't done it so haven't messed with and hasn't had said symptoms but that's what I plan on replacing when I get around to it. Let me know if that helps yah any I'll help yah figure it out. Aaron

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals