PDA

View Full Version : rolled my truck

swynx
05-11-2009, 03:48 PM
so i put a new 4.0 in my 91 ranger 4x4 then a few frends and i took it out mudding had a good day, then to finish it off decided to take matson cut off, a windy gravel road, it started raining so i turned on the whipers and it got squirely around a corner with bald mud terrains and just as i was getting it under control the whipers smirred mud all over and i couldnt see so we hit the bank and went up a small hill came down and rolled it, my brush guard saved the front end for the most part, but i had the truck for about 480 miles and 2 weeks bfor i rolled it =\,

im only 16 ill be 17 in 1 month had no licence 2 frends in the back seat were drinking and not wearing seat belts, and i thaught they were

my girlfriend was sitting up front with me and we were both wearing seat belts, if we hadnt been im sure i woulda been crushed, as you can see her window broke out

after all of this i got cited for no licence, minor in possesion, minor in consumption and reckless driving, and i wasnt even drinking took a breathilizer and passed, told the cop i had a beer about 4 hours before i started driving and he said i was drunk bcuz i only weigh 130 lbs but i got a really fast metabolism so theres no way i was drunk, lawyer says im getting the mip and mic dropped...

and yes these were after i decided to tear into it cuz im tearing the motor out and puttin it in another ranger or explorer. you ask why did i take the fender off? my parents said we were just gonna drop another bed body and some more fenders on it, then right after that they decided it would be more painful for me to pull the motor...

they keep asking me if im going to roll another vehicle, i keep telling them well duh! im gonna do something else thats stupid and roll another its just common sense im young and can be stupid, they keep telling me that with that attitude its surely going to happen, like im purpously gonna do it, its not on my list of things i wanna do.

and what was it like kinda like a roller coaster, allls that i could think of in the 5 seconds it took to roll was oh sh!T this is gonna hurt, then is any one hurt, my friend caught air in the back seat got smacked with a wrench and pulled 4 of the 8 ligaments in his neck, my girlfriends other knee hurts now, before it was just her left now its her right to

i wasnt the one who took the pictures it was my mom i believe she was drunk when she took these bcuz she didnt get very good shots

hope you guys enjoy the roll over more then i did...

85_Ranger4x4
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow, you had it coming. I think about aside from your seatbelts everything you could do wrong you pretty much did.

I think for possession they can get you if could reach a bottle/can/whatever while driving they got you.

Have fun getting insurance once you get your license (may not be at 17)

swynx
05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
the cop said i got possesion bcuz it was my truck and im responsible for all the containers and everything that happens inside the vehicle, which makes sence, which im not really worried about the mip and mic, theres only 3 more minor offenses i can get bfor i got em all. so its nothing new to me. and insurence i cant get my licence till im 18 and im sure ill get a ticket for no licence bfor then so itll be 21, then theyll just tell me i cant get it or something. yeah i know i had it coming atleast i got some sorta luck... the bad kind

Boggin
05-11-2009, 04:33 PM
wow swynx that really sucks man but i hope everything works out ok for ya

koda6966
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
You get no sympathies from me.

Boggin
05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
You get no sympathies from me.

well he wasnt drinkin, and wouldnt you be pissed if you just dropped a 4.0 in your truck and rolled her

koda6966
05-11-2009, 04:48 PM
well he wasnt drinkin, and wouldnt you be pissed if you just dropped a 4.0 in your truck and rolled her

No, he said he wasn't drunk. He did have a beer a while ago, and he's underage for that. Add that to not having a license, and you've got a lot of bad decisions.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't let him get it until he's 21. That's for a judge to decide though IIRC.

mentalbreakdown00
05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes, you are responsible for everything in that truck. Depending on your states laws the passengers could sue you if they got hurt, even if they weren't wearing belts.I hope this will be a hard lesson learned, I am however glad everyone is ok. Also I pray this will be the last of this kinda thing you have to go through cause you've learned a hard lesson.

kennykenny
05-11-2009, 04:51 PM
First off, I'm glad nobody was seriously injured. However, I hope you get all the charges/fines they can throw at you. That was dumb, you could have killed your friends and your girlfriend.

Boggin
05-11-2009, 04:54 PM
No, he said he wasn't drunk. He did have a beer a while ago, and he's underage for that. Add that to not having a license, and you've got a lot of bad decisions.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't let him get it until he's 21. That's for a judge to decide though IIRC.

well if it wasnt a public road i say who cares if he didnt have a lisence, and a beer? come on man, didnt you have a few cold ones with some buddies when you were underage? i know driving shouldnt be done but most people, including myself, need atleast a six pack before you get a buzz on, depending on how much you drink. not to be an asshole with ya just tryin to point out that i would be pissed too if it were me just after doing all that workin on a truck, but if he was driving on a public road then bad decision buddy you should of known better

Mossy535
05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
As I used to state during my first lecture to freshmen engineering students ...

Stupid can get you killed! :badidea:

swynx
05-11-2009, 05:08 PM
i see where ur all coming from, but in idaho in ur own living room if ur parents by the alcohol and give u the ok to drink it in ur own house its legal, but once u leave ur property ur open game, and it was a private road. and A beer come on it was a keystone light, thats like 3.5 percent alcohol and a 1/4 lbs cheeseburger with it, theres no way ne one could have been drunk, or even buzzed after that, and that beer took me almost an hour to drink. and not having a licence, ive been driving cars in the junk yard since i was 12, so dont tell me idk how to drive, everyone that has seen the marks on the road said if i coulda seen where i was going and had good tires i coulda pulled it off easily, ya i agree that it was stupid and i wont do 10 mph over the speed limit on a gravel road again but it happened. and the road is owned by my friend hence the name "matson" cutoff

swynx
05-11-2009, 05:11 PM
oh and since i wasnt a licenced driver but the truck is insured, my girl friends insuarance nor mine will cover her $7,000 hospital bill for her head to toe exrays that her mom demanded, my mom handed me the bill so, happy now?

wrecking-crew
05-11-2009, 05:12 PM
if you do that again.......atleast use a junker with old snow tires and make sure everyone has seatbelts..

Boggin
05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
i see where ur all coming from, but in idaho in ur own living room if ur parents by the alcohol and give u the ok to drink it in ur own house its legal, but once u leave ur property ur open game, and it was a private road. and A beer come on it was a keystone light, thats like 3.5 percent alcohol and a 1/4 lbs cheeseburger with it, theres no way ne one could have been drunk, or even buzzed after that, and that beer took me almost an hour to drink. and not having a licence, ive been driving cars in the junk yard since i was 12, so dont tell me idk how to drive, everyone that has seen the marks on the road said if i coulda seen where i was going and had good tires i coulda pulled it off easily, ya i agree that it was stupid and i wont do 10 mph over the speed limit on a gravel road again but it happened. and the road is owned by my friend hence the name "matson" cutoff

oh and since i wasnt a licenced driver but the truck is insured, my girl friends insuarance nor mine will cover her $7,000 hospital bill for her head to toe exrays that her mom demanded, my mom handed me the bill so, happy now?

hope ur not pointin that in my direction, im pickin up for ya

kennykenny
Well, what's done is done. All you can do is man up to what you did and make the best of it. Good luck.

MusicManiac
Dumb. That was a stupid stunt to pull in the first place. It sucks that your truck is wrecked, but you deserve it in all honesty. It was your truck and you are responsible for EVERYTHING that happens in it. The beer and the lack of seatbelts are legally YOUR fault. And, if you had ANY alchohol in your system it is illegal until you are 21 and is charged as a DUI, at least here in AZ. It is not about whether you know how to drive or not. It is about whether you were legally allowed to drive which you weren't (lack of a license AND alchohol in your system). I don't care whether it was a private road or not personally. And please understand, this isn't a personal attack on you, just letting you know that responsibilty is a big part of earning your driver's license and in my mind at least, you aren't showing any responsibilty with actions like these. Sorry about the truck bud.

swynx
05-11-2009, 05:18 PM
nah boggin it was towards all the ppl that had nothin but negatives to say

mentalbreakdown00
05-11-2009, 05:24 PM
No we are not happy. We are glad you and everyone is ok, but hopefull you won't let something like this happen again. By the way you can argue them down since insurance isn't paying and pay very small monthly amounts....

swynx
05-11-2009, 05:24 PM
i know i wasnt legal to drive, but on the road i do the speed limit as if i were to have a licence, the reason i didnt get a dui was because the cop knew i wasnt drinking and driving, and towards the end of the day after the mudding we all got excited, i guess i got a little to excited, which wasnt responsible but yea i learned my lesson, but if u had a truck u just put together, and u didnt have a licence, live in a small town with about 90 ppl who dont give a crap what u do, wouldnt u take it for a drive? just to see what it could do, i put 100 miles on it the day i rolled it the rest was 300 for a camping trip and 100 back and forth to the market... atleast i was responsible enough to not crack one open when i drove

mentalbreakdown00
05-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Well I did some similar things when I was just getting my d/l.... just please learn from it. Also Remember YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT GOES ON IN YOUR VEHICLE! So if someone has stashed a bag of pot under the seat and you don't know about it guess who gets in trouble.....you.....happend to me and i've never ever smoked anything in my life no cigs or anything.....

swynx
05-11-2009, 05:36 PM
oh boy have i learned from it, it was my truck, but i was only allowed to drive it around town cuz town is so small, but now i dont even got no wheels, cant get my licence, and im gonna have community service again, and probation, a pot full of fines. and yeah i know i get in trouble for everything that happens in the vehicle..NOW ne ways. and im pretty sure all of u have done something similiar in ur teenage hood

85_Ranger4x4
05-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Well, aside from nobody getting killed (which I think was touched on) the positive list is pretty short.

swynx
05-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Well, aside from nobody getting killed (which I think was touched on) the positive list is pretty short.

yeah true... definately learned my lesson tho, changed the plugs in my moms 2.3 and she took the door key off the ring with the ignition, shows how much she trusts me now...

koda6966
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM

Thought the drinking age was federal, and therefor mandated?

Don't bitch about the bill. How would you feel if she had died? You'd be in jail buddy, not footing a hospital bill.

yeah true... definately learned my lesson tho, changed the plugs in my moms 2.3 and she took the door key off the ring with the ignition, shows how much she trusts me now...

Trust's a hard thing to keep after something like that.

85_Ranger4x4
05-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Yeah, but I think there is some merit to that. I remember some classmates in college milking that law... they moved out of the dorms just so they could drink at night.

llxRanger
05-11-2009, 06:45 PM
, everyone that has seen the marks on the road said if i coulda seen where i was going and had good tires i coulda pulled it off easily,

I have to say. You said it was a gravel road. I don't believe even if you had a fresh set of super swampers that wouldn't help you. Gravel is a turf of its own. No matter how good of tires. Or how good of driver you cant win with gravel. Just my .02.

llxRanger
05-11-2009, 06:48 PM

You admited to being 16. Drinking. Driving. And endangering your girlfriend and 2 friends. People whom obvisiouly trusted you with up-most respect. Whats the positives?

86ford
05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
He is ignorant and young, let him be. I have earned my stripes doing similarly stupid stuff. he lived, he learned and he is paying for his mistakes. The learning curve is very long for some of us. As long as he makes it through his learning curve without any felonies he will be fine.

86ford
05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
You admited to being 16. Drinking. Driving. And endangering your girlfriend and 2 friends. People whom obvisiouly trusted you with up-most respect. Whats the positives?

Dont be a jackass. The kid will learn his lessons. Just because you did not have brass balls and a itch for some stupid fun at his age does not mean you should ride him for it.

Psychopete
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
He is ignorant and young, let him be. I have earned my stripes doing similarly stupid stuff. he lived, he learned and he is paying for his mistakes. The learning curve is very long for some of us. As long as he makes it through his learning curve without any felonies he will be fine.

+1

You didn't cause anyone to spill their beers, did ya? J/k.. :icon_twisted:

Pete

Boggin
05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Dont be a jackass. The kid will learn his lessons. Just because you did not have brass balls and a itch for some stupid fun at his age does not mean you should ride him for it.

X2
exactly what im sayin he learned his lesson i know i would

wrecking-crew
05-11-2009, 07:00 PM
everyone learns someway, swynx learns a little more hands on than most of us

LearjetMinako
05-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Since everyone has already put their voices in. Beat the life lesson to hell and move on. Life is a joruney and this is only page in this chapter.

85_Ranger4x4
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I have to say. You said it was a gravel road. I don't believe even if you had a fresh set of super swampers that wouldn't help you. Gravel is a turf of its own. No matter how good of tires. Or how good of driver you cant win with gravel. Just my .02.

Gravel road = oddly shaped marbles

swynx
05-12-2009, 12:47 AM
everyone learns someway, swynx learns a little more hands on than most of us

hands on explains it, when i was younger i learned not to play with fire after i ran around the lawn with fire pants, learned not to get mad at throw stuff after i threw important stuff in deep grass. just another lesson learned. wish i could see it in my head before hand, that stuff like this does happen to everyone. thaught it only happend in the movies....

swynx
05-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Don't bitch about the bill. How would you feel if she had died? You'd be in jail buddy, not footing a hospital bill.

nah that same night her dad told me if she would have died i would have died and he'd be in jail

Will
05-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Well, live and learn I guess. Since you decided to share your problems with the entire planet, I'll feel free to wade in with my opinion. I couldn't understand all of the trouble because I didn't want to fight my way through the lack of sentence structure, punctuation or capitalization. If I put what I know of you (admittedly, not much) in my crystal ball and shake it, I don't give you a good chance of making it into a useful adult. That seems hard, but that's what live and learn is about. If you look through the history of people that got sidetracked along the road of life, you would see many similarities to where you are right now. There's not one day where you suddenly start doing things that will benefit your future prospects.

While I think kids are kids and I certainly did my share of stupid things, I would be remiss if I were to let stupid things go on around me if I can help it. If you are going to act stupid, at least be smarter about it. Your parents aren't going to try and control you, obviously, so you are going to have to do it yourself. Start taking pride in yourself. You're much smarter than you are acting.

I'm also from a small town--in Iowa. One of my friends was killed riding with her cousin who tried to beat a train. I lost another who got in a fight at a party, raced off in his car and head-on'd a woman. Innocent events have a way of letting the devil out. You go from a sunny day to standing in a field trying to figure out the moment that you might have intervened in a way that would have kept your best friend out of a hole in the cold ground.

Schwinnstingray1964
05-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Wow, Im 17.

Ive never rolled my truck before... I almost rolled my 95 (Lifted) Chevy once...

My Rangers are way to low to roll... :P

pillen140
05-12-2009, 07:09 PM
just for the record... you dont have to learn that playing with fire is bad when your legs are on fire. learning is no excuse for doing stupid stuff, everyone should have at least a little common sense. also, because you drove in a junkyard, does not mean you are a good driver! why is it that most young kids think they can drive because they have driven in a parking lot or field or whatever? sounds like you learned your lesson, i agree. but still doesnt excuse your actions. was the road an actuall driveway, or did it have a street sign? if it had a sign, its not really a private road... its public. if you hit or injured someone else, they needed medical help, would it be fair that they have to pay for your messing around?

Schwinnstingray1964
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh and Btw...

thanks for ruining all the 17 year olds reputations...

And keeping my insurance nice and high... :(

willied
05-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Poor truck. I think I know the problem, though.

i wasnt the one who took the pictures it was my mom i believe she was drunk when she took these bcuz she didnt get very good shots

Sounds like a parenting problem...

I know what you're saying Shwinn, I'm 17, too, and I haven't hadn't any problems...yet...:headbang:

dburton07
05-12-2009, 11:02 PM
hands on explains it, when i was younger i learned not to play with fire after i ran around the lawn with fire pants, learned not to get mad at throw stuff after i threw important stuff in deep grass. just another lesson learned. wish i could see it in my head before hand, that stuff like this does happen to everyone. thaught it only happend in the movies....

I don't see much common sence there....... Not everything you can learn a lesson by. For example: I am a pyrotechnic. I can't stick my head over a motar and light it to learn my lesson to not do that again.

lol

willied
05-13-2009, 03:42 PM
For example: I am a pyrotechnic. I can't stick my head over a motar and light it to learn my lesson to not do that again.

lol

Atleast it shouldn't happen again. :D

red85
05-13-2009, 05:57 PM
hands on explains it, when i was younger i learned not to play with fire after i ran around the lawn with fire pants, ....

Fire pants? :icon_rofl: Wow. Your neighbours and family will have a shit load of stories to tell if you live long enough to get married.

Just one thing though; no license and driving is a bad idea. I got dinged pretty hard a few years ago for driving a vehicle with improper plates and no insurance ( I was moving it from a friend's shop to my place). The total fines would have amounted to $6250 if I did not go through a ticket defender place. In the end, I did something illegal and I got caught. The fines I got, I deserved. Now because of this, my insurance is through a "special carrier" and I am prohibited from driving my wife's 08 Ranger. That is a tough lesson to learn. Take some knowledge away from this and take control of your future, swynx. Will has a pretty good bead on you. Continue the way you're going now and you'll either die young or find yourself on a first name basis with the local judge.

GreatWhite
05-14-2009, 01:46 AM

Trust's a hard thing to keep after something like that.

Yo man, you need to know when to pipe down. I'm sure you know by now on the 2nd page that this guy has learned his lesson. Cut the guy a break.

koda6966
05-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Yo man, you need to know when to pipe down. I'm sure you know by now on the 2nd page that this guy has learned his lesson. Cut the guy a break.

Yo man, you need to know when to pipe down as well. I posted that about a week ago. Stop trying to start something.

And that post is in the middle of my first page. :thefinger:

GreatWhite
05-14-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm not trying to start something. Your just a punk who needs to chill out. No need to respond back to topic.

85_Ranger4x4
05-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm not trying to start something. Your just a punk who needs to chill out. No need to respond back to topic.

That is calling the pot black isn't it?

koda6966
05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
That is calling the pot black isn't it?

:icon_thumby:

tedrisch
05-14-2009, 03:52 PM
there is a lesson to be learned here: if you are going to drink and drive, do it RESPONSIBLY