• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

09 Ranger or replacement????

Ferris Bueller

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
That other thread is a mile long. Anyone read anything about whats replacing the St.Paul built Ranger?

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Are you Ferris Bueller from fordsix.com???

Whats up buddyro? Its i got by 83 F150 over there.....i go by rusty ol ranger here.

Im not sure whats going to replace it....if anything, but like all new Fords.....it wont be as good as the old ones.

later,
Dustin

Ferris Bueller

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yep I'm the same person. I have felt kinda lost this weekend. The site is down for server upgrades.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I don't know, but the overseas Rangers are doing well.

NEW FORD RANGER GOOD FOR BUSINESS AND PLEASURE​

• Powerful 156PS 3.0-litre engine for Ranger pickup
  • Double Cab Thunder auto and Wildtrak manual models
  • £19,972 - £20,872 (excluding VAT) on the road
  • In showrooms from July 27, 2007.
BRENTWOOD, Essex, 26 July, 2007 - With their no-nonsense attitude, tough design and civilized cabin environments, Ford's new generation of 4x4 pickups are gaining sales with both retail and business customers.
Ford’s latest Ranger, a top-seller in the segment, has always provided a model to satisfy the needs of customers in both the business and lifestyle sectors. Now, two new additions, featuring a powerful 3.0-litre turbo diesel engine, give Ford an added competitive advantage.
The Ranger 3.0-litre Double Cab Thunder auto and 3.0-litre Double Cab Wildtrak, which were both positively received by the media and public at the recent Commercial Vehicle show, are priced at £19,972 and £20,872 respectively (on the road, excluding VAT). Featuring luxury levels of specification, tough styling enhancements and enhanced power, the dynamic duo are set to broaden Ranger's appeal in the pickup sector.
Already a popular choice with the existing 143PS 2.5-litre turbo diesel engine, the Thunder's new 156PS 3.0-litre engine, mated to a new smooth five-speed automatic transmission, aims to attract new pickup drivers.
This model stands out from the crowd with a bright tubular sports bar, chrome side sill bar and rear chrome underbar. Inside there are leather seats, electric windows, scuff plates, off-road gauges, six-CD player and air conditioning. The Wildtrak edition features the same 156PS engine, a five-speed manual gearbox and key trim and equipment enhancements.
Visually distinguished by the unique optional limited edition Chilli Orange or Passion Red combined with Titanium Grey on the lower part of the body, the Wildtrak adopts a sporting focus to the pickup theme. Additional features include rear box rail extensions, aerodynamic sports bar, lower sports cladding and tail lamp protectors, integrated door mirror indicators, puddle lamps and unique badging. Combined with these stylish features are new 16 inch alloy wheels, a new sports front grille, side steps, aluminium roof rails, an integrated load bay liner and a rear protection bar with integrated park distance control.

Wildtrak’s upmarket, sporting design continues on the inside. The Ranger’s ergonomically proven driving position is complemented by heated seats trimmed in leather and perforated alcantara with orange detailing. Floor mats with Wildtrak logo, sports steering wheel, dash-mounted off-road 'information centre', premium interior and footwell lighting and Wildtrak scuff plates add further sporty appeal.

Refined on road and highly capable off road, Ford’s Ranger offers customers a host of bodystyle and drivetrain options priced from £12,372 (4x2 single cab) - £20,872 (Wildtrak double cab).
I would expect to see it come to that states.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
http://www.ford.co.uk/ns7/ranger/-/rgr_0608_introd/-/-/-/-

After exploring the site, found a few interesting facts. Rear disc brakes, 6 stud wheels, still has torsion bar IFS, t-case drives the front axle on the rt side, has something called "ball and nut type" steering , long rear leaf springs ( compared to what ?? ) and this:

The power to keep you moving

The Ford Ranger’s highly acclaimed four-wheel drive system is designed to keep going even in the harshest conditions. To engage four-wheel drive, simply move your range selector lever to the ‘4H’ position while stationary, and the system locks in for as long as you need it. You can then shift between four-wheel and two-wheel drive on the fly, at any speed, when conditions change.

Disengaging the front wheel hubs is accomplished at the push of a button. Just press the dashboard mounted Remote Free Wheel (RFW) hub switch and you can enjoy the fuel consumption benefits of two-wheel drive.

When conditions get really difficult, that’s when you’ll really feel the difference. Move your range selector lever to the ‘4L’ position to engage Ford Ranger’s low-ratio transfer box. This increases the gear spectrum to match the demands of prevailing conditions. Ideal for both extreme off-road conditions and hauling loads up steep gradients, the Ford Ranger has the traction to match the job.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat.:icon_thumby:

boltneck

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
that euro ranger is sharp, but so would the increase in price. I`d wait , but the deals right now are hard to resist.

soylent_green

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It looks too much like a Nissan frontier.

Front doors extend too far foreward like chevy trucks do. No room for wheel well enlargement, meaning the need for more lift.

I don't like the loss of full steel bumpers front AND rear. That single tube "bumper" they have in the back isn't going to help much. A little fender bender is going to be alot more expensive.

But, if they were to bring it to the US, I'd probably still buy one as a D/D.

unfourtunatly, It'll never arrive on these shores as long as ford keeps dumping money into the development of the Sport-Trac.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/sporttrac/

Just my .02

Neurotoxin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Eventhough it's not very aggresive looking I still like it. I really hope they come to this side of the pond.

NorCalBronco

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
why oh why cant we have a 3.0 Turbo Diesel! I just dont understand...:dunno:

Half Nuts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
seriously, guys! Ford should pitch the sport-track and give us a *really useful* truck with four doors and a diesel!

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Doesn't look too bad but where the heck are the pics of the drivetrain and undercarriage?????

baadboy11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
God i want a crew cap and a diesel...lots of trucks like this in Australia, mostly Mazda/toyota....but soooo nice

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals