• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Freeze plug/core plug diameter on 2.3L 1991?

akcskye

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey all, I'm back!

Cricket *had* been running great, until the winter hit. Then, my husband put in that pre-mixed anti-freeze and Cricket blew a freeze plug. We're hoping that's all.

Anyway, can anyone tell me, so I can tell my dad, what the diameter is on the freeze plug? It's in a tightly squeezed area (I think he said just behind the compressor or something), but he has a few extra ones that are new, but can't find a reference to what size it is.

Of course, Cricket is a 2.3L 4 banger with the coil packs rather than a distributor.

And yes...it was running so great that it's made it to it's 250,000th mile and beyond! :icon_bounceblue:

Thanks!

Kristi

akcskye

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Info found, sharing for future reference.

Well, we found the information on Autozone.com and if anyone needs to know for future reference, the diameter of a freeze plug/core plug/expansion plug for this model is 1 1/2" diameter.

dangertorangers

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
225/70r14
My credo
1-40 CAV B Trp
Info found, sharing for future reference.

Well, we found the information on Autozone.com and if anyone needs to know for future reference, the diameter of a freeze plug/core plug/expansion plug for this model is 1 1/2" diameter.
Thanks for the info! Came in handy this morning.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals