• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1996 b2300 engine swap info needed

cgravatt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
hey, I've got a 96 b2300 w/5spd with lots of miles and I think the engine is on its last leg. I like the truck but if I'm gonna replace the engine, I'd like to upgrade. I've seen where guys have put 4.0s from explorers or 5.0s in their rangers, but I haven't been able to find much info in relation to my year model. I think i'd rather go with v6, but I need some input.
1. Would it be better/easier to put the original option v6 into my truck or go for the 5.0?
2. Are there any 'kits' available, or am i looking at a lot of fabrication?

Any help, advice, direction, or general suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks-clint

Last edited:

mazdaB4me

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Depends on for what purpose, the 3.0 would probably be the easiest but it doesnt put out alot of power and is very difficult to come across aftermarket parts for. im not sure about any of the other engines but im about to go pick up a ford 302 and swap that in there with the limited slip rear end out of a gt foxbody

cgravatt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the info, think i'll eventually go w/ the 302.
friend has a 'old n busted' bronco 2, lookin at doing an sxle swap, or both, or rolling chassis swap, the possibilities! :icon_welder:

Airmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda,
Chevy
Engine Size
3.0L Stick, 3.6L Stick
Transmission
Manual
There are two or three people on the forums who have done a 4.6L swap as well. Search the forums, there's a whole bunch of shit about it. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals