• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HI GUYS!!!! may I get your help please. 99 MAZDA B4000 2X4 AUTOMATIC

toymaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1999 Mazda B4000 2x4 automatic transmission. when I start it first,runs fine but after 10 minutes the overdrive light starts blinking and transmission shifts rough on second speed and later just makes a squealing noise and truck doesn,t move at all. I changed automatic transmission fluid ,gasket and filter,also changed the abs speed sensor that goes on top of differential and worked good for awhile but now the fluid is very dark and truck is back on old symptoms. Any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!

BLUE "B"

Does it do this all the time? Does it do it at just idle or driving down the road? I don't know if you have tried it but take it to a local transmission shop THAT YOU TRUST. They will hook it up to their computer and read the codes. I've never heard of this before. It could be just as simple as a pluged inlet tube. I know that the last time I had my trans flushed it caused one of these tubes to plug and that caused the clutch packs to weld themselves together, cost me a new tranny. If you don't know much about auto tranny's, it's best to leave it to the experts

toymaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
First of all thanks for your advice. it does it on the road but if I stop and turn ignition off,then turn it back on it usually runs fine for another 10 minutes. I think I'M going to take it to a shop like you say and see what happens.

Best regards

trish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
hummer
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1999 Mazda B4000 2x4 automatic transmission. when I start it first,runs fine but after 10 minutes the overdrive light starts blinking and transmission shifts rough on second speed and later just makes a squealing noise and truck doesn,t move at all. I changed automatic transmission fluid ,gasket and filter,also changed the abs speed sensor that goes on top of differential and worked good for awhile but now the fluid is very dark and truck is back on old symptoms. Any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!
When the overdrive light is flashing that means it will not go into overdrive. That is for towing purposes, should be a button on end of shift that you can push to turn overdrive on or off.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
The OD light flashing is there to let you know that a code has been set for the transmission. Get it scanned, get the code and go from there with your repair. It is shifting harshly because it has gone into fail safe mode where the PCM commands full line pressure so that the transmission will not slip.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
When the overdrive light is flashing that means it will not go into overdrive. That is for towing purposes, should be a button on end of shift that you can push to turn overdrive on or off.
Wrong. OD light ON all the time means that. OD light flashing means PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!

The OD light flashing is there to let you know that a code has been set for the transmission. Get it scanned, get the code and go from there with your repair. It is shifting harshly because it has gone into fail safe mode where the PCM commands full line pressure so that the transmission will not slip.
Listen to this guy. He knows his stuff. I'm going to guess that you have a bad shift solenoid that is getting stuck, then freeing up when the pressure is taken off of it.

Either way, I'm a bit worried for your trans, if the fluid is dark again already you may have smoked it up good.

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Thank you!!!
if the problem went away after you changed the vss/abs sensor then i would change the sensor again and clean the area off well before installing the new one. these sensors ar finicky especially if you got the AZ one. I went thru a few of them before i got one that lasted. mine has been good for about 10 months now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals