• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Throaty Exhaust

SoloRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So On my way home from work tonight everything seemed to be fine as I was zipping along in my 2.3 and as I went over a rather large bump I noticed something odd, my Exhaust sounded a hell of alot meaner then its normal mellow tone. So what do you guys think is my cat or muffler shot to heck or is it something else ?

Caulk04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If something in your cat let loose, it would block exhaust flow and it would be way down on power.

It's likely your muffler, especially if its original still. Mine was rotted out already when I bought the truck in march...

SoloRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As far as I can tell it looks stock , funny thing is I'm getting a custom exhaust piped tomorrow so it letting go last night was rather funny oh well new exhaust here I come anywho rofl :icon_welder:

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just for giggles, tap on the mufler and see if it sounds like there is loose metal in there.

SoloRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Crawled under the truck one of my hangers ripped out taking a chunk the size of a half dollar with it right before the muffler , problem found. :icon_surprised:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals