PDA

View Full Version : Got the "Ranger Lean" with a twist

bufordanthony
05-06-2009, 11:12 AM
My 99 is leaning like most rangers eventually will, but to the passenger side, not the drivers. Checked out the leafs, and all looks well, and the hangers look ok. Everything is pretty consistant 1 1/2 low on P-side. Anything else I should check?

BlackBII
05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Is the frame lower or is the body lower? Or both?

You could fill it up with a full tank, that should drop the driver's side down some :icon_twisted:

fastpakr
05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
I wonder if somebody switched the spring packs to cover for the typical problem.

bufordanthony
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Should've included that I have a 4" superlift, and that the stance was fine. Let it set for about nine months in the carport while work was crazy (needed to do electrical work). Finally got it running and noticed it was low on p-side when I was walking towards it in a parking lot. Got home and measured everything (body, frame, shocks, etc...), and found it was all about 1 1/2 difference. The lift blocks on the leafs look good, and not squished. Think it's time for new leafs, or can shocks make that big of a difference?

Tony Raine
05-06-2009, 01:13 PM
is the lean more pronounced in the front or back?

check your coils (on both sides), make sure they are seated properly in the coil bucket. may have to rotate them a little. there's a little "stop" in the bucket that the end of the spring butts up to.

oh crap, wait. you have a 99, so you have torsion bars, right? just play with the bar adjusters until it levels out. crank drivers side "up" or the other side "down" a turn or 2, then drive it around and re-check.

bufordanthony
05-06-2009, 01:27 PM
It's all in the back. Front end is damn near dead nuts (1/8" maybe, and that could be my driveway).

tpking
05-06-2009, 01:51 PM
quit hauling around fat friends :D

bufordanthony
05-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Maybe I can use this to get the ol' lady to hit the gym... or me.

kris97ranger
05-13-2009, 10:48 PM
mine does the same thing execpt i have a broken leaf on the drivers side and its lower on the passenger side :S
________
SquirtBOOM (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/SquirtBOOM/)