• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

toxic shocks?

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have an 88 and did the djm 3/4 and put toxic shocks all the way around and Im running 20's on it. My question is, are the toxic shocks really stiff compared to other drop shocks? It handles great but if I'm on the interstate at speed and hit a rough patch of road the rear bounces all over. I realize I lose a ton of ride quality with the 35 series tires but it doesnt seem right for the ass end to bounce out to the side like it does.

TIA Jason

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Doetsch Nitro Slammers FTW!!! then DJM calmax, and then stock I would never buy Toxic shocks. In my opinion they are a waste of money, ride like crap and they go bad fast. Theres a reason they are as cheep as they are.

Yvan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l.
Transmission
Manual
Me, i just installed Monroe sensatrac, and it run's very well, better that i was expecting, no bouncing.:icon_thumby:

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
thanks I'll have to get some other ones then. I dont like these at all. They were a suggested item when i bought the dream beams and flip kit. Does anyone know where to get the lowering spring still? I cant seem to find them.

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
You can run stock length shocks up front w/o issue. The beams don't change the shock distance and the coils are only 2". I have KYB Mono Max's up front and love them. Still looking for a solution for the rear. I agree on the Toxic's, they ride hard and don't last very long at all.

James

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Good drop shocks are also valved for better handeling as well.

Army

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's not your shocks bouncing you around, you're hitting the bump stops on those rough patches. With the 3/4 drop, you have maybe 1" of travel in the rear before the bumps get whacked.

Either cut them short, or replace with shorter aftermarket. I cut mine, leaving about 1/2" of rubber to make contact. MUCH smoother now, and I worry less about road hazards.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals