• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Opinions on Nitto Terra Grapplers

chainfire

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey there,
Has anyone ever tried these out and actaully have an honest opinion on them?
I just got a 98 Ranger and was thinking of either these the BFG A/Ts or the Brdigstone Revos. I'm up in Canada so we get a fair amout of snow eh?
So i guess what I'm saying is that they need to perform well in the snow.
Also mind if i pick your brains on rims?
I'm considering the AR Mojave rims with the teflon black coating. Figured that they will stand up fairly well in the mud and salt, and look half decent on a black truck.
Thanks alot :derisive::icon_cheers:

derekj

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4wd
Transmission
Manual
I have ordered a set of the new Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour all terrains. They have the winter rating on them as well. Should have them on the truck on tues or wed. I live in Whistler and we get alot of snow so i am hoping that they will work well. From experience the BFG's are good in the snow for the first half of the tire then the winter performance drops off.

Derek

NVR2FST

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I ran a set of 35" on my truck for about 20,000 miles (sold the truck)...no complaints. Really didn't have to test them in the snow because they were on my lifted 8,000lb diesel Excursion (so heavy even with 10" of fresh snow 2wd would just barrel through).

434fireboy52

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I dont know about the rims but my buddy just put a set of the terra grapplers on his truck and we dont get any snow but they suprised me with how well they handled mud,sand,and rock.

derekj

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4wd
Transmission
Manual
I finally put my new Goodyears on and sure enough it snowed that night. I was pretty impressed with the performance in the snow. Much better than the Long Trail T/A's that were on there. Nice tread pattern and quiet too. Will post some pictures when i get a chance to take some.

Derek

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals