• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hesitation

Cherrybomb

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 and 1990
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok, Started my truck up yesterday morning let it warm up it was pretty cold out. Drove to work lil over twenty miles ran fine. Went to leave work started right up started driving and the truck kinda started hesitating. Actually lertching. Got a lil worse. all this at low rpm couldnt tell u actual cause i have no tach. then at idle it was fine and if you stepped on it it would only hesitate a lil then would take the gas and scream. thats what it almost seems like like it gets to much gas or not enough but then whent it fully warms up its fine. Any thoughts? And it did the same thing to me today ran fine in the morning then in the afternoon it started hesitating. thanks for any info.

ranger1999xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
maybe a fuel filter??

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Could be quite a number of things, spark plug wires comes to the top of my head. (I had similar problems with my econo-box)

Cherrybomb

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 and 1990
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hasnt done it to me since. i think it may be the weather since its been getting colder out and it has been very damp around here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals