• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Air Baggin it!

mbub16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L EFI
Transmission
Manual
I have the 93-97 body and i was wondering DOES ANYONE MAKE AN AIR RIDE KIT for these years with complete custom work. I am having no luck finding one. PLEASE HELP!

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There are a few Rangers here that are bagged - wish I could help but I am static dropped. If you do find some info and start your project - PLEASE takes loads of pics and document your build so we can add it to the tech library - now is your chance to be a contributor LOL. Good Luck - I am sure someone should be able to guide you . . .

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
There are no "kits" for the front but, Drop beams and bag brackets, and the rear do a 4 link, or get the KP bolt on 6 link

mbub16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L EFI
Transmission
Manual
yea i will definitely make sure i get plenty and plenty of pictures if i do happen do actually spend the money on it. I hope it will help other people like me because i have looked everywhere on the web and can not find any photos of the front suspension. Plus of course the Twin I-Beam suspension has to be the most ridiculous suspension of any suspension ever made.

One last thing what do you guys think about the plug n play kits for the rear, is it worth it or just a waste of time.

Crazythingsido2

07/2009 & 04/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
they make this easier but nothing is going to be simple. you need to have really good welding and fabricating skills. and know a little bit about suspension. and just FYI i have about 4k in suspension parts in my truck.

TS6034

September 2009 STOM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I recommend placing your valves as close to the bags as possible. I've heard of guys running out of air trying to get off the ground because of low volume issues. Like the ones you'd have with all the valves together. When the valves are near the bags, theres already pressure all the way to the bags. When the valves are back by the tank, you have to pressure up the lines all the way up to the bags every time you lift / lower. You'd be using up alot more air to play the switches.

Make sense??

mbub16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L EFI
Transmission
Manual
Ha yes that actually makes quite a bit of sense. I myself have never welded, but I'm 19 and have been working at a dealership for the last three years and we have a guy who we send all our weld work to, so I will probably ask him. and 4,000$ into the suspension, that is crazy man. After all of the work i have done to the suspension already I have a decent idea on how my I-Beams work haha, but im pretty much clueless on air.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I will be doing a writeup soon on my setup. I got a 96 ranger with 7/9 static slam. I have 2800lb, 10" travel bags, 4 3/4" electric speed valves, 4 3/8" valves, 20 gallon air tank. I have about 700 into my setup so far, I plan on doing 8.8 IRS out back (which will allow me to lay frame and not have to cut my bed) which will run me about 250. All I will need is a compressor, which I thought about using a york engine air compressor (about 150) and air lines (about 50). In total about 1150 in parts, and the fab work I will do so labor is free.
SVT

Last edited:

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
theres plenty of parts available to bag rangers out there. be prepared to spend around $2000 + - a couple hundred bux depending on the setup.

dngr rngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i just finished baggin the rear of my 96 ranger n i bout 1500 invested.its got sd custom 4link with bags on bars 11in travel bags 1/2 in valvesn puts out about 25-30 in of lift @145psi. u can check out illusivefabrication.com it specializes in rangers n f150s n fbirides.com n check out the pics of the front bag brackets for the rangers. it has pics of them on n off the truck n they used the djm drop i beams.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Here are some pics I found, some are a little dark

SVT

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
As clean as that frame is. And its been around for a while the suspension setup on it is a really bad design. The 4 link on the front is proably the only ranger I have ever seen done that way and does have its own advantages but the bracket setup is pretty bad. The rear ladder bar setup is also going to mess with the pinion angle just as bad as a 2 link does but with a little side to side movement. www.illusivefabrications.com is a great place for ranger parts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals