• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mystrey box

86bigred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there is a box on the passenger side wheel well that has wires and vacuum line going to it.the vacuum lines are melted and burnt.the wires are fine.i took the vac line out since they weren't hooked to anything,but left the wires.i notice there is an ecm at the bottom of the box.what does this control the distributor has vacuum advance,and the only wires going to the carb are the choke wire and two wires going to a solenoid.there is an o2 sensor on the truck.there is no vacuum lines unhooked from the engine,just that box.will the truck run ok with out these vac lines.if not what do i have to do to get rid of that box.it appears to have a dura spark ignition and vac advance dist.is it just controlling the carb. here's some pics.

any help would be appreciated thank you.B.P.

86bigred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i got the truck running today.the carb is pretty dirty and runs a little rough.i have another one and will install it tomorrow.see how this one works.if it still runs rough i'll ditch that ecm,and go with an older carb set up.it has a regular dist and duraspark ignition,so i think i'll be ok.is my thinking corect or am i missing something.thanks.B.P.:icon_confused::icon_idea:

86bigred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
while playing with it tonight there was all of a sudden a knock coming from the engine.got dark so i'll check it tomorrow.glad i got a spare engine with the truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals