• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90 B2600i Won't start or run Mystery or puzzle

bhowell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 Mazda B260
Transmission
Manual
I bought a non runner in hopes to get a car for the kids. The previous owner stated that it slowly quite running. She replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, and new cap.

Compression in all 4 cylinders is 145ish. All the plugs are black. I get fuel up through the filter, I haven't check the pressure.

I replaced the ECU with one from my other 90 B2600i, based on the other postings. I pulled #1 plug and see that it is sparking.

I primed the pump, but will not start.

What are your suggestions next? What would cause the injectors not to function, assuming that maybe it?

What am I missing?

I would appreciate any help.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
they have a little light thingy that you are able to put next to a injector to see if it is getting power. the light will flash every time the injector fires. Now I wish I could remeber the name of it. it was really nice to use for dianostic like this.

bhowell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 Mazda B260
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the tip. I will get one from Autozone. What drives the injectors? Isn't that the ECU?

Thanks

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
try sqirting a little fuel into the intake and see if it will run for a few seconds. If it runs it will prove it's a fuel problem, perhaps clogged injectors. If it dosn't then something else is wrong. This assumes that you are indeed getting a spark.

bhowell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 Mazda B260
Transmission
Manual
I found the problem. It turned out to be the ECU, which is located behind the kick plate on the passenger side of the cab. If anyone has a bad ECU, I would appreciate a couple of parts off of it. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals