• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pics of stock duratechs with 30" tires???

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Im wondering if anyone has pictures of their stock duratechs with 30" tires. I was thinking 31's but they look to stuffed. Im assuming 30's wont look as stuffed. I havent been able to find to many pictures here so far. One or two but they are always on an angle it seems.

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i dont have pix but i have 30" bfg all terrains on my truck and it looks bitchen:yahoo:
i also removed 1 leaf spring from each side so it sits perfectly level.. gives it a pretty mean stance

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i dont have pix but i have 30" bfg all terrains on my truck and it looks bitchen:yahoo:
i also removed 1 leaf spring from each side so it sits perfectly level.. gives it a pretty mean stance
Man you need to take some pics. How is the gas mileage??

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
gas mileage took a hit.. i went from gettin 33 mpg regularly to about 27 mpg with the stock gears.. then i got 4.56 gears installed(with the 30" tire it gives an actual ratio of 4.10) had to figure out what my actual speed was, but i average around 28-31 mpg now.. still pretty dam good for a truck if u ask me..

i mean sure anything can get great mileage with those tiny car tires they come with. but i cudnt be more happy with the looks.

as soon as i get some pix ill put em up

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
gas mileage took a hit.. i went from gettin 33 mpg regularly to about 27 mpg with the stock gears.. then i got 4.56 gears installed(with the 30" tire it gives an actual ratio of 4.10) had to figure out what my actual speed was, but i average around 28-31 mpg now.. still pretty dam good for a truck if u ask me..

i mean sure anything can get great mileage with those tiny car tires they come with. but i cudnt be more happy with the looks.

as soon as i get some pix ill put em up

Thanks Jax. So were talking about a 6 mpg loss with the stock 4.10's and 4mpg back after you got the 4.56's installed. Did you have it done. If so what is the cost?

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
no prob dude:icon_thumby:
but i actually had the 3.73 gears stock so the 30s made it a bit gutless. then wen i switched to 4.56 gears my actual ratio is the equivelant of a stock 27" tire with 4.10 gears.

it cost me 825$ for the new gears cuz i had worn bearings:bawling:

but im very happy with the performance of the 4.56 gears and 30" tires

njdriver02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i have a 02' you guys know what axle I have, im assuming the 7.5 what gear is in it? just wondering because i ordered 15 by 8inch wheels and I am trying to figure what size tires I want.. to fill the lift i'm installing

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
7.5..u most likely have the 3.73 if u have a manual tranny and reg. cab.. i know that most of the x cab/ auto 4 cyl. trucks have the 4.10 tho

camdenthekid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i have 31"s on my 04 with a 3" lift
not too bad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals