• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'93-'97 one piece driveshaft

birchfur

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have 95 ext cab that's dropped 3/6. Was wondering if anyone has converted to one piece driveshaft from newer rangers. The article in tech library talks about it for 4x4's but not lowered rangers. If you have, did you use any pinion shims? What is pinion angle?I had center ujoint straps come apart while driving and now after replacing there is alot of vibration, so I think shaft might be bent from bouncing around on pavement, would like to replace with one piece if posible.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
It is possible, I plan to do this mod, but you will need to do some fab'in. You'll need to cut the xmember, and weld in a plate (I'd say 1/4") that goes up and over the d-shaft to give you the clearance you'll need. When you get lower than what you are, you can run a straight flat plate all the way across from frame to frame with no bends or mods and mount your tank to that.
SVT

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
I know it's a old thread but I was wondering the same things has anyone completed this task and how you went about it . I'm going to search now

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
If the truck is lowered, it will require some floor surgery.

Use a drive shaft from a truck with the same transmission style (auto to auto, manual to manual), the lengths are similar.

I made a tunnel through cab of my truck, I installed a 2008 shaft in my 1997 truck.

Floor is done, next time I'm out I'll seem seal it and put the interor back together.

Gone, lol! Some of you may have never seen the claw for the Explorer console... there it is...

BTW, that's as clean as carpet gets when you have dogs!

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
That's the info I was looking for . Pic's and everything . Thanks brotha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals