• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Airguns...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So since I've been living out in the country where I have the room, I've been re-discovering the fun of shooting my old BB/Pellet rifle... I've also been discovering that I tire quickly of the need to pump it up 9,000,000 times. So I started thinking of getting one of the newer single stroke models that will throw a pellet at 1,000 fps or faster (my old reliable only goes up to 700 fps). But after looking at the dozens of choices, I have no idea where to start.

I can get Crosman, Benjamin Sheridan, RWS, Daisy, Gamo, and Umarexusa stuff (I know someone who can hook me up with a discount on any of those brands). I'd like to keep the cost under $200, I'd like to get something that either has a scope or is set up to take a scope, I'd like a rifled barrel, and I'd like something of good quality.

Primary use would be targets and plinking, but I'd like to keep it open-ended on the pest control side of things. Which may include popping a few squirrel for a meal. In season of course. Or taking out any crows that come within range.

Aside from that, I'm open to suggestions and advice...

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
I have a Crossman 500x, only 500fps since that is the limit on the standard air rifle in Canada. Although, I am modifying it to become a 1000x, since it is the same gun only different springs.

Mine has a scope and once sighted in I routinely take out fox kits at 20 yards in one shot. That is still at only the 500fps using pointed hunting pellets.

I've heard that the Gamo ones are nice. Don't know anyone who has one, but, I've read a fair number of good reports on them. Especially when you use the PBA ammo and get some more fps out of it.

I enjoy plinking with the rifle or the pistol (nighthawk). Pistol has pretty poor accuracy though.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I have a Crosman 2100 I got like 15 years ago or so and with a scope, it's deadly accurate. I used to sit at like 40 or 50' when I was a kid an it wasn't long before I tired of drilling pop cans, paper targets, and a spinning target dad made for me. Then I was shooting bottlecaps. But anything less than the max of 10 pumps takes some Kentucky windage to lob accurately from the house to across the creek in the backyard.

I have a pair of air pistols, one is a co2 model that looks like a .357 revolver, but I tired quickly of feeding the thing those lil co2 cartridges. The other is a cheap bb/dart/bolt/pellet spring pistol that I got when I was off at college so I could plink in my apartment using the darts. The cheap one is prolly more dangerous if you throw the thing at the target if you're further than about 15 feet though.

I've heard good things about the Gamo's too, but don't know anyone who has owned one. For that matter, the only other airgun that anyone has that I know was a Crosman 760, lol, the cheap version of my 2100.

kansas 4x4

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So since I've been living out in the country where I have the room, I've been re-discovering the fun of shooting my old BB/Pellet rifle... I've also been discovering that I tire quickly of the need to pump it up 9,000,000 times. So I started thinking of getting one of the newer single stroke models that will throw a pellet at 1,000 fps or faster (my old reliable only goes up to 700 fps). But after looking at the dozens of choices, I have no idea where to start.

I can get Crosman, Benjamin Sheridan, RWS, Daisy, Gamo, and Umarexusa stuff (I know someone who can hook me up with a discount on any of those brands). I'd like to keep the cost under $200, I'd like to get something that either has a scope or is set up to take a scope, I'd like a rifled barrel, and I'd like something of good quality.

Primary use would be targets and plinking, but I'd like to keep it open-ended on the pest control side of things. Which may include popping a few squirrel for a meal. In season of course. Or taking out any crows that come within range.

Aside from that, I'm open to suggestions and advice...
1,600 fps ( Gamo ) :icon_surprised:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0039860&navCount=6&parentId=cat20742&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat602007-cat600835-cat20742&parentType=index&indexId=cat20742&rid=

Huge selection of air rifles>>> http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?cmCat=MainCatcat602007-cat600835&id=cat20742

Last edited:

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i still use an air rifle made back in 1914,lol. strong as hell,knocked a wood cuck on his ass the other day. cant remember who made it tho

beaujt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a couple of em back home(automatics hahaha) don't remember the brand though :/ All i know is they are hella fun to shoot! Untill ya have to fill up the clip cause that takes forever. I"m thinking they are crossman... think. I haven't seen em in 8 months cause of school. got in trouble with em last year at school haha. my buddy and I were dueling it out in our apt comples and well he pulled out this ironing board, used it as a shield! I still littered that thing with dents from my gun :) Mine were battery though, kinda wonder how much stronger the CO2 ones are cause apparently ya can't take them on a plane(just so ya know haha)

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I also use a Gamo Shadowsport. It runs 1200 FPS with the Performance Ballistic Ammo. (No lead at all) I really like it. i have had good luck with my scope that came with it too. but the average Gamo owner needs to get an aftermarket scope. It usually gives out at about 20-40 rounds. But the guns shoot true as heck. There are a bazillion other airguns and calibers you can get as well. They make the obvious .22cal airguns- all the way to the FREAKIN HUGE .50CAL AIRGUN I don't know where to get them, but Ive read all kindsa reviews on them. Badazz. have fun.

By the way, I have an aluminum shed. My Gamo put holes the size of dimes in it. With the armor piercing PBA rounds. (.177cal hollow point pellets with a BB in the nose.)

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yikes! I didn't know they made anything bigger than a .22 cal airgun other than paintball guns!

I've been thinking of picking up some specialty ammo in addition to the cheap plinking stuff just for the fun of it, lol. I have a tin of German made hollow points and one of pointed pellets already but I think I'll pick up some Raptor pellets and maybe some of those PBA rounds. Just need to decide what to get, lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals