• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck not moving in gear

addiman09

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3 Liter DOHC 5spd
Transmission
Manual
i have a 2003 2.3 L standard ranger...and when i put it in first or reverse it will not move. It seems to me that the clutch will not catch the teeth of the ring gear because my truck will run with the e-brake on in first gear with the clutch released. I replaced my flywheel about 12000 miles ago so i do not believe that is the problem, i have never replaced the pressure plates so i was wondering if that would be a solution to install a new one.

I do not believe that it is my transmission due to the driveshaft does not slide forwards/backwards. So that rules out possible u-joint problems.

I need help!

This is really the first problem that has stumped me because i know nothing of transmissions, i only do engines. If anyone can help me it will be greatly appreciated. I do not wanna drop 1200 on a new transmission when i would not have too. I would rather spend a few hundred on the replacement kit.

Any help please?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals