• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Body lift rant

rangermx25

Reaction score
So i ordered my body lift and it came n its sittin in my room to be put on. We were gonna do it but me and my dad got 2 lookin at it and decided it wood be better for someone who no's wat there doin to do it. So we call around and every one says its gonna take about 8-12 hours, and cost about $100 in shop parts. From what i understood it was fairly simple, only takin about 3 hours and came w/ all the parts. Oh yea i have a 99 Ford Ranger 4x4 Automatic Transmission.

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it only takes a while to get the bolts loose if they are rusty. Other than that it is easy to do. Sometimes the steering extention is a pain. If you can get all the body bolts loose, then retighten them for the shop it would cut down on the labor hours.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Body lift is one of the easiest things you can do as long as your bolts arent super rusty. Get a big breaker bar and dive in!

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Dont forget the "free-all" lube, preferrably a day or two ahead of time.

bkjt05

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
sorry to thread jack, but im new to 4x4's and lift kits etc? Are there any negs about body lifts? when i asked on a local car forum, everybody said body lifts are bad? I just want a lil lift to put 33's on?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals