• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spark Plugs

TheRedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
is there 8 spark plugs in the 4 cylinder engine? how do u check to see if they are firing? and which one do u guys use that u get good performance from?

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
8 plugs on the 2.3 lima, unsure of the 2.5 or duratech (i own a 2.3 lima...) you can get a spark plug tester from anywhere, the inline ones work nicely, simply unplug the wire, install the wire on the tester that looks like the plug end, install the wire that has the plug boot on the plug, turn it over and see the spark or a light (whichever one you get). autolite platinums or standard motorcraft plugs are your best bet for performance.

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i would go to motorcrafts site and look up spark plugs. then put those part #'s into autozones website. you should get parts #'s for motorcrafts platinums and autolite xp's. theyre pretty much the same plug. i went with the motorcrafts because i found them cheaper online(amazon.com) then any of my local parts stores.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You can get Motorcraft plugs at Autozone for $1.99 ea... Just bought some yesterday...

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well the motorcraft sp-432's were $4.99 at my local autozone last week. maybe theyre having a sale on them this month or yours were different part #

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Different... They had $4.99 which were some platinum or something, and $1.99... I always go with the cheaper ones... Never been able to tell a difference... I went through the whole performance spark plug thing when I was building up my Camaro, I couldn't tell a difference from one plug to another, so I just go with Motorcraft cheap ones...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals