• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

its true, you really can put anything on juice

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That was cool. Who would of thought that would of held up to that kind of abuse.

polkat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford r
Engine Size
4.o
Transmission
Automatic
I made a box for the back of a weedwacker hooked up to oxygen wish I had a vid it was great i think it doubled the rpm's at least it sounded like it did but that was the end of the little weed wacker :icon_hornsup:

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That was cool. Who would of thought that would of held up to that kind of abuse.
Well i don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but when 3/4 of the nitrous was back spraying out of the carb it is kind of obvious that it was going to run for a wile, the smart thing would to have gotten a 10-20 shot nozzle.

And second that proves how much crap a flat head will take.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I used to be real big into minibikes when I was a kid.

I was always strapped for cash and I made a franken briggs with a cracked block, unknown rod and piston and a screwed up crankshaft. The piston sat at least .100" down into the cylinder, which I never honed. VERY low compression. It ran, it wasn't fast, but I ran it for at least a couple months.

Replaced that engine with a 5hp Briggs I got for free off an old front tine tiller. Never changed the oil, just put it right on my bike. It was a good upgrade, but the engine had a LOT of vibration. I was driving down an old county road and the bottom of the rod shot through the block when I had it pegged down hill with no governer. It's amazing the abuse they'll take.

Also had a Honda GC160 OHC bust a valve, hit the piston, and punched a hole in the head. Left a long smoke trail from burning oil, but was a powerful and smooth engine. It would have cost more to fix than to buy another.

I started on a OHV Briggs Intek build with Animal internals and a steel cam, but never finished it. Those OHV briggs are bad ass little engines, power stock wise, they really put the old flat heads to shame. But they do have some insane aftermarket parts for flat heads.

Pete

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals