• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Some beginning questions

Airmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda,
Chevy
Engine Size
3.0L Stick, 3.6L Stick
Transmission
Manual
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a 2006 Mazda B3000 and I am wondering what upgrades are available and where to find them.

My first questions are whether the Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series truck's headlights and tail lights the same, because I am looking at some Ford Ranger lights on ebay(I can't find any Mazda head lights). What model year ford ranger lights will be a perfect fit for the Mazda lights, or is there any?

I also want to ask what performance mods are good for a tight budget. Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to have a pic of my truck up soon.

BSU541

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6 from an '02 Ranger.
Transmission
Manual
For Engine upgrades everything that is compatible with a 3.0L V6 Ranger will work with yours, just make sure the part fits the year of your truck.

The headlights and tail lights are not the same, they will not work. Mazda doesn't have a lot of after market stuff. I know you could get a modified grill, and as for the tail lights, you might have to go with tail light covers if you want to change the look of them. That is a huge advantage of Rangers, they have a lot more after market stuff.

Airmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda,
Chevy
Engine Size
3.0L Stick, 3.6L Stick
Transmission
Manual
Is the front bumper the same as ones on the Ford Rangers? Are there any aftermarket bumpers for the Mazda, I have the plain Jane black plastic, so anything would be an upgrade.

BSU541

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is the front bumper the same as ones on the Ford Rangers? Are there any aftermarket bumpers for the Mazda, I have the plain Jane black plastic, so anything would be an upgrade.
I know the rear bumpers are interchangable on rangers and mazda, but I dought the front bumpers are. The whole frontend is different on the mazda.

manitoba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah BSU is right. the back is interchangeable but the front end isn't. you can find chrome bumpers for the mazda b3000 if you look hard enough. I've found some that appeal to me for my 2000 Mazda. Try LMC Truck catalog, they have Mazda parts in their ford ranger catalog if im not mistaken. Good luck, let me know what ya find.

BSU541

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah on newer mazdas the best way to chage the look of the front end is to change bumper color, put in a billet grill and take off the lower valance.

manitoba

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
BSU, would you know any places that sell brush bars for the B3000 ? i can't seem to find any places.. and i dont want a small finicky little bar where i can mount two lights on i want something that covers most of my front .

BSU541

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure, I've seen them on the internet before. I know for a fact the ones for Rangers will fit Mazdas. They connect to the frame and the frame is the same. You MIGHT have to do some SLIGHT modification, but I dought it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals