• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

windows meda player

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
ive got an acer ase380=ud44a desktop computer.. my windows media player 11 has worked GREAT! but now all of a sudden if you click on a song in the libray it takes a few secs for it the "load" where as before the moment you doubled clicked on it it started to play. i cant seem to figure out why its doing this. i tried to uninstall the program but its not listed in programs. its under the main folder for acer an i cant get rid of it.. if you watch mini video clips with windows it works perfect.. only messes up with music files.. ive never had this problem before.. anyone have an idea as to what would be the problem?

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Mine's the same way, I attributed it to Vista. What OS you running?

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
foobar2000! vlc! media player classic!

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
I second the Winamp. It's one of the few programs I've actually bought the Pro copy of. How often do you run the disk clean up wizard and defrag? Having a buttload of temp files on your pc is a sure fire way to slow it down, especially if it's fragmented.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
WMP likes a "clean" drive

But ANY program is going to take time to find an audio file.

I'm still running a Win2k system with WMP9

And generally I'm happywith it for playback, but playback is ALL that I use it for.

AD

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Man I haven't been a WinAmp user in like 5 years. That is such an archaic app to me.

warrior24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
try using vlc media player

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Man I haven't been a WinAmp user in like 5 years. That is such an archaic app to me.
It's got a really nice skin now to make it look updated, plus it does all sorts of stuff too. I find it easier to mess with my iPod with Winamp vs iTunes, plus since I use more then one computer it will let me sync with more then one pc (iTunes won't). It also will burn to more then one burner as well. I prefer it over WMP on most everything.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
id like to use windows.. ive used it ever since its been out an i like the way it runs.. just cant seem to figure out why its doing this now.

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's got a really nice skin now to make it look updated, plus it does all sorts of stuff too. I find it easier to mess with my iPod with Winamp vs iTunes, plus since I use more then one computer it will let me sync with more then one pc (iTunes won't). It also will burn to more then one burner as well. I prefer it over WMP on most everything.
They introduced WinAmp3 with the new skin a while before I stopped using it. I've never used iTunes and I rarely load WMP. Look at the apps I listed, I'm far away from those kind of popular media apps. Foobar2000 is my choice.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
why? what do you want it to do? If you want it to play music it's great. I don't know what else you think it should do. But if you want to wait on the great and new WMP then go for it. I'll just enjoy listening to my music right when i click it with my "archaic app" :D

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
try using vlc media player
I have VLC, but it caused a lot of problems when I installed it.

I have snce discovered that it's "fine" if you install it FIRST before installing WMP.

VLC wants to be the "default" media player and selecting it to NOT be on install didn't work.

Hell when I installed it the first time it made ALL my files "VLC" files and WMP would no longer play them and that was unacceptable.

AD

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
why? what do you want it to do? If you want it to play music it's great. I don't know what else you think it should do. But if you want to wait on the great and new WMP then go for it. I'll just enjoy listening to my music right when i click it with my "archaic app" :D
It's not something it DOESN'T do. It DOES way too much! Foobar2000 is way better. It's light-weight, looks decent, and packs tons of features without being as bloated as WinAmp is.

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
I've never really considered Winamp bloated. It runs just fine on my laptop (AMD Athlon 1400+, 256mb ram, 80Gb hdd split up into 5 partitions for Win XP Pro and Ubuntu. This thing originally came with 128mb ram, 10Gb hdd, and Win ME back in 2000 :icon_surprised: The new skin looks cool too. Not trying to convert the masses to Winamp, I just like the program :icon_thumby: BTW, you aren't missing anything by not using iTunes. I just tried it because that's what I thought was the only thing I could use to transfer music to my Nano.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals