• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Power Loss

Orphanater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Iv had a 1994 mazda B-300 the 3.0 liter version for about a year now and about a month ago I notices a loss in power and a hesitation when starting to move forwrd. Iv replaced the fuel filter, cleaned the throttle body, checked the air filter, spark plugs, and ran fuel injector cleaner thru it. But im still experiencing the power loss. If any one has been there or has any tips please fill me in, thanks.

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Is yours auto or manual? Possibly tranny or clutch.

jrog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I see that this is an old thread. However, I've experienced a similar problem on mine and others may have this problem too.

I've tried all the tune up stuff, but had no real luck. I forgot what I got this from, but it seems to do the trick. Try cleaning the mass-air-flow sensor. Most auto parts stores carry Mass-Air-Flow sensor cleaner. Just to be thorough, I lightly brushed it with a q-tip with the cleaner on it. After cleaning the sensor, the power loss between 1250-1900 rpm appeared to go away. It comes back every now and then, so cleaning the mass-air-flow sensor will be a regular maintenance practice.

My sensor is not readily accessible. It requires a star security bit with a hole in the middle to access it. Not a big problem though... I found a security bit set that had the right bit at Harbor Freight or Kragen (aka Checker).

Enjoy!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals