• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Intake

Pauls86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Will a carb intake bolt up and work on a 88 f/i 2.3. If so I need one.Thanks

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
im sure it will but then u run into a bunch of problems with fuel pressure from fuel injectoin to carb and vacuum shit and all that stuff.... why u wanna go from EFI to carb?

Pauls86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The truck is a 88 Ranger GT so it started life as a 2.9.I just buoght the truck last night and it ran like ass all the way home. It looks like the just choped up the V6 wiring and tried to make it work.It runs real rich and you damn near cant get it to start,and while you are trying to start it all you smell is gas.It is a real hack job.I would love to drive the truck just don't know what way to go.Can you make a V6 wiring setup work with the 2.3 if so can someone point me the right way. I was thinking of taking the 2.9 out of my Bronco but I just got it togather.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
if it were me i would hit the junkyard for a complete 2.9 (and trans) with wiring harness.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
if it were me i would hit the junkyard for a complete 2.9 (and trans) with wiring harness.
^+1... Though, I did hear something about this would be the perfect time for a V8 swap... Maybe it's just me though :D

Pauls86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok got the fuel injection all hooked back up on the 2.3 but cant find were the o2 hooks up.Can some tell or sowe a pic of were I need to run the new o2 wire to it is in a 88 ranger. Thanks for any and all help!!

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
my o2 sensor is on the backside of the manifold on the left side of the 2.3, i have a 92 tho, hope this points you in the right direction.
hell if hes going to get a 2.9 tranny might as well find a 4.0 motor and put that in since the 2.9 and 4.0 are related...just a thought.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals