• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

southern tn/north al. mntn trails

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
Just curious if anyone has ridden up on the mntn slightly east of Winchester, TN? Took an old trail off of what I know as Carter Mntn & rode app.4 or 5 hours until it brought me out in northern AL. Pretty good riding with several trails branching off in different directions.

I don't know exactly where I was in AL, I'm thinking somewhere around New Market or somewhere east of there. I just know I was lost & it was dark. Only seen one person the whole trip & that was about 30 minutes before I came out in AL. He vaguely pointed me in the direction of Hwy 231, I finally found it & headed north to the house.

Seemed like some good trails up there, I didn't encounter any thing too difficult on the trail I followed, it wasn't super easy either though. I took the paved roads to the top of the mntn to find some old logging roads my parents use to ride with their Jeep club when I was a kid only to find they had been closed off, but I seen some wildlife officers & they pointed me to the trail I rode telling me it was public land & I could ride there all I wanted.

Long post I know....sorry!:attention_whore: Just be cool if anybody nearby could make a trip sometime! :icon_cheers:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
sounds like you went up Iron Gap and you came out near scottsboro AL its great ridin up there and like you said its not hard but not easy

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
we plan on going there sometime soon....

as soon as Allen ( B2 Addict ) lets us know when he is ready....

l8r, John

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
well thats not far for me so if yall dont care if i tag along we could meet up or something just let me know
Lucas

Shep

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that does sound like some fun guys how did yall find this place.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I know I haven't been on here for a while, I have been unbelievably busy....;brownbag;!!! I actually made a trip up there a few weeks ago after installing a 3" lift on my buddies Heep XJ.

WOW!!!! Talk about a challenge...:icon_surprised:!!! The floods we had here recently definitely made it very challenging to say the least, LOTS & LOTS of BIG ROCKS were revealed from the washout. It is now a WHOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL!!! :shok:

Of course we both made it, even with the "non mud tread" Michelins I am still running (THANKS to Railman again...:icon_thumby:) but HOLY S***!!!!!

I'm still around & ready to go whenever....:headbang:

I will post some pics my g/f took as soon as I get them on my photobucket....:icon_thumby:

B2 ADDICT

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
that does sound like some fun guys how did yall find this place.
I grew up riding the mountain with my parents in their Jeep club, they used to wake me & my brother up at 4 am almost every weekend, meet up with app. 10 or 15 others & spend the whole weekend riding the old logging roads.

They have closed a bunch of trails up there since then, but the side we ride now is public land....lots of good ridin' up there...

B2 ADDICT

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
sounds like you went up Iron Gap and you came out near scottsboro AL its great ridin up there and like you said its not hard but not easy
I believe it is Iron Gap, I know you take the blacktop from Winchester to the top of the mntn, make a sharp right turn by the fire tower & follow it 'till it ends. From there you follow the trail across the top of the mntn until it drops down towards the creek....

B2 ADDICT

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
WOW....where ya been Allen....

glad to see ya back:icon_thumby:

i'm lookin forward to go wheelin' down there...name a date and i will be there (preferably a Sat-Sun)

l8r, John

BIGBLOCK44RANGER

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I rode Iron gap on easter and we had a cleanup ride there. about 30-35 rigs picked up trash all day. I ride there quite often. haller when ya'll decide to ride and maybe I'll meet up. Me and some others are headed to bigham mnt. for the st.jude benefit ride sat. and were hittin Hale mnt. on the 26th. here's a link to the benefit ride and hale mnt. if anybody's interested.

http://clayne.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=4742434

http://www.halemountainohvpark.com/

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
WOW....where ya been Allen....

glad to see ya back:icon_thumby:

i'm lookin forward to go wheelin' down there...name a date and i will be there (preferably a Sat-Sun)

l8r, John
Man, I'm still around, just been occupied with other things for a bit but I am making a comeback!!!! :headbang:

Feel free to P.M. or give me a call anytime, as soon as I get an 8.8 under the B2, I will be ready to go!! I posted some pics from the trip to the mountain me & my buddy made 2 or 3 weeks ago, just check the photo section &/or click my photobucket link in my sig, my fiance(....yep, you read that correctly....:yahoo:) took a lot of pics....

Keep in touch man.....:icon_cheers:

B2

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
i like the alps in my opinion, takes me 10 minutes to get to them, rode rails-for-trails with Jason last summer for his birthday. took 2 days because we camped out in the middle.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
I rode Iron gap on easter and we had a cleanup ride there. about 30-35 rigs picked up trash all day. I ride there quite often. haller when ya'll decide to ride and maybe I'll meet up. Me and some others are headed to bigham mnt. for the st.jude benefit ride sat. and were hittin Hale mnt. on the 26th. here's a link to the benefit ride and hale mnt. if anybody's interested.

http://clayne.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=4742434

http://www.halemountainohvpark.com/
I appreciate the links BIGBLOCK! As soon as I get the B2 ready to go again I will let you know when we are planning a trip, if you ride up there quite often you may know some of the trails I don't, HOPEFULLY it will be pretty soon! :headbang:

B2

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
i like the alps in my opinion, takes me 10 minutes to get to them, rode rails-for-trails with Jason last summer for his birthday. took 2 days because we camped out in the middle.
Sounds like fun Kip, I think Northern Pa. is a little bit of a trek for me though........:shok:

B2

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey Allen....what gear are ya looking for in a 8.8????

and are you looking for a matching D35???

let me know....

l8r, John

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals