• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

time for some new subs

motocross

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well the audio forms bin pretty dead latly and im still rockin the old 10" rockfords in a sealed encloser with a old alpine amp. iv bin looking at subs for awile now but i havnt bought any because i dont need them that bad and have been upgrading my susp. so i was looking at a sub/amp combo its 10" kenwood titaniums with 1000 kenwood amp the amps 250rms x2 channels and the subs are 300rms so it dosnt seam like to bad of a setup. has anyone else tryed these? i no kenwoods made some cheap stuff and some good stuff in the years but this just seamed like a alright combo for me since i need something relativly cheap that will work in a sealed inclosure i listed to mostly rap but i need the back seats so i have a sealed box under neeth of them. if anyone has diffrent subs that are afordable other then type Rs i would be interested. and if you have any good used subs you wanna sell shoot me a pm. thanks

or should i just go with 1 of the 12" shallow mount kickers in the kicker box, i havnt herd much about these but i was wondering if it would hit very hard since the box is so tiny ?

Last edited:

gettle03FX4LevelII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 Leve
Transmission
Manual
the squar kicker solo bariqs are always a good choice they do not need as much cubic space to sound good. You could probably get a 15 in 4 ohm which would really pound in a space about the size of a box you would need for a round 12 inch. My self i have a JL W3 4 ohm 12 ince duel voice coil its about 250 for one and it sounds real good with any type of music.

nidf88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rockford punches like small sealed enclosures. if your going to keep the seats then check out the shallow p3s or the newer pioneer shallow mount 10 and 12s. As with any brand new shallow mount sub... you have to break them in real easy before pushing them hard. there are also shallow subs from earthquake, sony and a few others that are decent. I install mobile audio for a living and sadly yes, kenwood seems to be headed downhill... but everyone has opinions.
if it were my truck...... 2 RF shallow p3s (500 rms dvc 4ohm) pushed with a 1000bd RF punch amp. thats a winning combination.

Gabe8810

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i myself like the sound of MTX thunders. i have two twelve inch MTX thunder subs with a GSP 4000 watt amp pushing it hard

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals